* Latex export - setq: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2009-09-03 19:35 Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2009-09-03 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello All,

Firstly thanks to Carsten for an excellent product.

I am getting this error when exporting to latex. Am I missing another required program? The export works on my windows version of emacs and org-mode but not on Ubuntu!

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

--
-----------(  "All right, Wakko, we got the point." - Yakko   )------------
-----------(                                                  )------------

* Re: Latex export - setq: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2009-09-03 19:42 ` Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2009-09-03 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I am getting this error when exporting to latex. Am I missing another required program? The export works on my windows version of emacs and org-mode but not on Ubuntu!

Just found this error in the log file.

,----
| ! LaTeX Error: File `soul.sty' not found.
`----

Chris.

--
[ he reached for the reset button.                                     ]

* Re: Latex export - setq: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2009-09-03 19:44 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-09-03 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chris Willard <cw-orgmode@meliser.co.uk> wrote:

> I am getting this error when exporting to latex. Am I missing another
> required program? The export works on my windows version of emacs and
> org-mode but not on Ubuntu!
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

Please read the "Feedback" section of the manual (section 1.4),
particularly the subsection about "How to create a useful backtrace".
Once you get a useful backtrace, send it to the list.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: Latex export - setq: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2009-09-03 19:54   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-09-03 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chris Willard <cw-orgmode@meliser.co.uk> wrote:

> > I am getting this error when exporting to latex. Am I missing another required program? The export works on my windows version of emacs and org-mode but not on Ubuntu!
>
> Just found this error in the log file.
>
> ,----
> | ! LaTeX Error: File `soul.sty' not found.
> `----
>

> Chris.

That's part of the package texlive-latex-extra. You can install
it with 'sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra'.

However, I thought you were getting an error when exporting the org file
to latex. The above is a latex error. How did you get a latex file if
the export failed?

Nick

PS. I'd encourage you to get the backtrace and send it on. There may be
multiple problems and it's best to attack them one at a time.

* Re: Latex export - setq: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2009-09-04 11:52     ` Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2009-09-04 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Nick,

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009, Nick Dokos wrote:

[snip (14 lines)]

> That's part of the package texlive-latex-extra. You can install
> it with 'sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra'.
>
> However, I thought you were getting an error when exporting the org file
> to latex. The above is a latex error. How did you get a latex file if
> the export failed?
>
> Nick
>
> PS. I'd encourage you to get the backtrace and send it on. There may be
> multiple problems and it's best to attack them one at a time.

Yes the error is when exporting from org. I will turn on the backtrace latter and send the output to this list.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

Chris

--