* org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done ?
@ 2007-11-08 12:46 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-08 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So I've been trying to use the following convention:

  Use TIMESTAMP for events
  Use SCHEDULED for tasks
  Use DEADLINE for deadlines

The reason why I don't want to schedule events is that I don't want past
events to appear in the agenda -- should they be marked DONE or not.

Now, sometimes I mark events DONE, not rigidly respecting the convention
I use for categorizing events/tasks/deadlines and treating them as if
they were tasks.

But I don't want DONE timestamped entries to appear in the agenda, so I
looked for `org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done' but it doesn't exist yet.

Would people consider it useful or is that just me?

We already have:

  `org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done'
  `org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done'

I think the set would be complete with such a variable.

PS: And then I'll give this list a rest for the rest of the week :)

--
Bastien

* Re: org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done ?
@ 2007-11-08 23:28 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-08 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On  8Nov2007, at 1:46 PM, Bastien wrote:

> So I've been trying to use the following convention:
>
>   Use TIMESTAMP for events
>   Use SCHEDULED for tasks
>   Use DEADLINE for deadlines
>
> The reason why I don't want to schedule events is that I don't want
> past
> events to appear in the agenda -- should they be marked DONE or not.
>
> Now, sometimes I mark events DONE, not rigidly respecting the
> convention
> I use for categorizing events/tasks/deadlines and treating them as if
> they were tasks.
>
> But I don't want DONE timestamped entries to appear in the agenda,
> so I
> looked for `org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done' but it doesn't exist
> yet.
>
> Would people consider it useful or is that just me?
>
> We already have:
>
>   `org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done'
>   `org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done'
>
> I think the set would be complete with such a variable.

Ok, for the sake of completeness I will put this in and make
it apply to timestamps, and to ranges as well.
I do agree this might be useful.

> PS: And then I'll give this list a rest for the rest of the week :)

;-) We'll see about that ;-)

- Carsten