* Mobile Org and idisk.me.com
@ 2010-02-17 18:47 Ross A. Laird
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2010-02-17 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have carefully followed the instructions in the orgmode manual and on
the Mobile Org site for connecting my org files to my iPod. I am using
idisk.me.com. When I setup the iPod using the instructions on
http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/, I can connect my iPhone to my org files on
idisk.me.com. (I previously put the files there from my Mac). So, the
mobile connection seems to work fine. However, despite many efforts, I
cannot manage to get the staging to work within org itself. The example
given in the org manual:

(setq org-mobile-directory "/scpc:user@remote.host:org/webdav/")

does not manage to connect me to idisk.me.com. I have tried various ways
of specifying the command, my user name, the host, and the directory:

Commands tried: ssh, scp, scpc, ssht -t, http, https

User formats and host formats tried: myusername@idisk.me.com,
idisk.me.com, idisk.me.com/myusername, idisk.me.com.myusername, etc.

Directories tried:
idisk.me.com:/myusername/org/
idisk.me.com:myusername/org/
idisk.me.com/myusername/
idisk.me.com:/org (the directory is there...)

So, not being a programmer, and not being sure how to find out what
exactly is preventing me from connecting, I'm stuck. Does anyone know
the exact format for connecting to idisk.me.com?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.com

* Re: Mobile Org and idisk.me.com
@ 2010-02-17 18:58 ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2010-02-17 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ross A. Laird; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ross,

You'll want to set org-mobile-directory to something like
/Volumes/rosslaird/org (or wherever your iDisk is mounted, typically
under /Volumes/mobilemeusername).  You can poke around and find your
org folder under /Volumes to identify the precise location.

Your iDisk folder should then sync with MobileMe either automatically
when it sees a change, or periodically if you have it configured to
only sync every N minutes, and you should be in business.

The /scp (and ssh variants) use TRAMP, which connects over SSH to your
server to copy the files.  iDisk doesn't support this, so you'll need
to use the alternate approach above.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
Richard