* Problems exporting Org code blocks in LaTeX
@ 2012-06-04 22:17 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-06-04 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I want to show (in Beamer slides) how to write an Org table.

I first need to add Org as a language to the listings settings.

Then, I write an Org source block, which is exported to LaTeX... but not
fully... The line "#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=rrl" disappears from the exported code!

See ECM.

#+TITLE:     Org code in slide
#+DATE:      2012-06-04 Mon
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en

#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation,t]
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1
#+COLUMNS: %40ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)

#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \lstdefinelanguage{org}{%
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   morekeywords={:results, :session, :var, :noweb, :exports},
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   sensitive=false,
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   morestring=[b]",
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   morecomment=[l]{\#},
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: }
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \lstset{%
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   mathescape=false
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: }

* Table

Here's a "simple" but already powerful Org table:

#+begin_src org :exports code
,#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=rrl
,| Janvier | 1300 | \EUR |
,| Fevrier | 1280 | \EUR |
,|---------+------+------|
,| Total   | 2580 | \EUR |
,#+TBLFM: @3$2=vsum(@1..@2)
#+end_src

I can't get it properly exported to LaTeX, because:

- the line ATTR_LaTeX is removed
- even with my mathescape=false, the $ is interpreted as math char

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Problems exporting Org code blocks in LaTeX
@ 2012-06-05  9:05 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-06-05  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

> I want to show (in Beamer slides) how to write an Org table [...].
>
> I write an Org source block, which is exported to LaTeX... but not fully...
> The line "#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=rrl" disappears from the exported code!

Here a compilable ECM, for the sake of ease:

#+TITLE:     Org code in slide
#+DATE:      2012-06-04 Mon

#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation,t]
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1

#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \lstdefinelanguage{org}{%
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   morekeywords={:results, :session, :var, :noweb, :exports},
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   sensitive=false,
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   morestring=[b]",
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   morecomment=[l]{\#},
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: }
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \lstset{%
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   mathescape=false,
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   columns=flexible,
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA:   keepspaces=true
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: }

* Contexte

- I want to show (in Beamer slides) how to write an Org table.

- I first need to add Org as a language to the listings settings -- that's the
  purpose of the above =BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA= lines.

- I then write an Org source block, which is exported to LaTeX... but not
  fully... The line =#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=rrl= disappears from the exported code!

- See ECM.

* ECM

Here's a "simple" but already powerful Org table:

#+begin_src org :exports code
,#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=rrl
,| Janvier | 1300 | \EUR |
,| Fevrier | 1280 | \EUR |
,|---------+------+------|
,| Total   | 2580 | \EUR |
,#+TBLFM: @3$2=vsum(@1..@2)
#+end_src

I can't get it properly exported to LaTeX, because the line =ATTR_LaTeX= is
*removed from the published code block* (compare the Org source of the code
block with what's shown in the PDF).

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Use [org-latex] or [org-e-latex] for exporter problems
@ 2012-06-05 12:07   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-06-05 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orgmode

Please use [org-latex] or [org-e-latex] while reporting exporter
problems.  Likewise for other exporters.

If you are exporting with old exporter, export once with the new
exporter also, just for the fun of it.  More importantly report problems
or inconsistencies.  This will immensely help to improve the current
backends and associated infrastructure.

* Re: Use [org-latex] or [org-e-latex] for exporter problems
@ 2012-06-05 12:42     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-06-05 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K wrote:
> Please use [org-latex] or [org-e-latex] while reporting exporter
> problems.  Likewise for other exporters.

This was code for Beamer slides, hence using the old LaTeX exporter.

> If you are exporting with old exporter, export once with the new
> exporter also, just for the fun of it.

Converted the Beamer slideware to a document:

#+TITLE:     Org code in slide
#+DATE:      2012-06-04 Mon
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en

#+LaTeX_CLASS: article
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \lstdefinelanguage{org}{%
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   morekeywords={:results, :session, :var, :noweb, :exports},
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   sensitive=false,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   morestring=[b]",
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   morecomment=[l]{\#},
#+LaTeX_HEADER: }
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \lstset{%
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   mathescape=false,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   columns=flexible,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   keepspaces=true
#+LaTeX_HEADER: }

* Contexte

[...]

- Same problem with the old exporter
- It works with the new one -- but N/A yet for slides; anyway, this is good
  news.

> More importantly report problems or inconsistencies. This will immensely
> help to improve the current backends and associated infrastructure.

That, I clearly do (and will still do)...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Use [org-latex] or [org-e-latex] for exporter problems
@ 2012-06-05 14:09       ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-06-05 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orgmode

> This was code for Beamer slides, hence using the old LaTeX exporter.

Why not use [beamer] or [org-beamer] in addition to other tags that
might be required?