* Feature request: Buffer Toc
@ 2011-08-06 12:23 Frederik
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Frederik @ 2011-08-06 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey there!

I wondered if it's possible to have the possibility to display a table
of contents of the current org buffer. IMHO the way RefTeX solves this
issue is quite nice: You press C-c = to have a new window containing a
toc of your sections, subsections etc. and your references/labels. When
you select an item and press RET the toc window vanishes and your cursor
is relocated at the corresponding section. (the toc buffer has some
other cool features, just try it and display the help menu)

This is of course not a must-have feature, but just something of which I
thought it could be a nice-to-have feature in the future...

Thanks for the great work! Org-mode really changed my work flow for
university stuff.

Regards

--
Frederik

* Re: Feature request: Buffer Toc
@ 2011-08-06 12:37 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-06 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Frederik <freak.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wondered if it's possible to have the possibility to display a table
> of contents of the current org buffer.

Have you tried speedbar?

--
Suvayu

* Re: Feature request: Buffer Toc
@ 2011-08-06 12:50 ` Thomas Renkert
From: Thomas Renkert @ 2011-08-06 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Try M-x org-toc-show in your active org buffer.

You may have to activate org-toc in your org modules.

Cheers,
Thomas

* Re: Feature request: Buffer Toc
@ 2011-08-06 13:22   ` Frederik
From: Frederik @ 2011-08-06 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 06.08.2011 14:50, schrieb Thomas Renkert:
> Try M-x org-toc-show in your active org buffer.

Awesome! (I didn't realize that, because I didn't find anything in the
manual...)

Thanks & Regards

--

@ 2011-08-06 13:47 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-08-06 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Frederik <freak.fred@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey there!
>
> I wondered if it's possible to have the possibility to display a table
> of contents of the current org buffer. IMHO the way RefTeX solves this
> issue is quite nice: You press C-c = to have a new window containing a
> toc of your sections, subsections etc. and your references/labels. When
> you select an item and press RET the toc window vanishes and your cursor
> is relocated at the corresponding section. (the toc buffer has some
> other cool features, just try it and display the help menu)
>
> This is of course not a must-have feature, but just something of which I
> thought it could be a nice-to-have feature in the future...
>
> Thanks for the great work! Org-mode really changed my work flow for
> university stuff.

Keep running S-TAB until you get what you want. Use TAB to expand that
headline.