* Hiding Section dots ("...") when only an Archive Node is present within
@ 2010-09-29 12:41 Uwe Schuerkamp
From: Uwe Schuerkamp @ 2010-09-29 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi folks,

I've been using org-mode for the last couple of months and am very
happy with it, thanks Carsten et al. for this great tool!

I've been wondering if it's possible to hide the dots "..." when the
only thing a section contains is the ARCHIVE node?

All the best & thanks in advance for your help,

Uwe

* Re: Hiding Section dots ("...") when only an Archive Node is present within
@ 2010-09-29 13:04 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-29 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Schuerkamp; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 29, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been using org-mode for the last couple of months and am very
> happy with it, thanks Carsten et al. for this great tool!
>
> I've been wondering if it's possible to hide the dots "..." when the
> only thing a section contains is the ARCHIVE node?
Nope....

Cheers

- Carsten

@ 2010-09-29 13:15   ` Uwe Schuerkamp
From: Uwe Schuerkamp @ 2010-09-29 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 29 September 2010 15:04, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've been using org-mode for the last couple of months and am very
>> happy with it, thanks Carsten et al. for this great tool!
>>
>> I've been wondering if it's possible to hide the dots "..." when the
>> only thing a section contains is the ARCHIVE node?
>
> Nope....
>
> Cheers
>
> - Carsten

Ok, should I re-submit my question with a FEATURE REQUEST heading then? ;-)

All the best,

@ 2010-09-29 13:21     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-29 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Schuerkamp; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 29, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:

> On 29 September 2010 15:04, Carsten Dominik
> <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 29, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I've been using org-mode for the last couple of months and am very
>>> happy with it, thanks Carsten et al. for this great tool!
>>>
>>> I've been wondering if it's possible to hide the dots "..." when the
>>> only thing a section contains is the ARCHIVE node?
>>
>> Nope....
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> Ok, should I re-submit my question with a FEATURE REQUEST heading
> then? ;-)

Nope, I think this cannot be done easily, and it is a bad
idea.  After all, the *is* something hidden there.  Chances
are that hiding the dots will make you delete hidden text
without even knowing it.

- Carsten