* Table cells containing more than one line
@ 2011-02-07 17:25 mwnn
From: mwnn @ 2011-02-07 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

	I am trying to create a table with cells that hold two or more lines. On
exporting the document to HTML, all the lines (starting from the 2nd line) are
put in cell of their own. Is there a solution to this problem.

Regards,
mwnn.

* Re: Table cells containing more than one line
@ 2011-02-08 21:52 ` srinivas
From: srinivas @ 2011-02-08 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

orgmode tables do not allow row or column span.

table.el allows you to do that but I haven't been able to get it to work in
org files.

* Re: Table cells containing more than one line
@ 2011-02-09  3:30   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-09  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

srinivas <sp_us@yahoo.com> writes:

> orgmode tables do not allow row or column span.

I believe this is by design.

> table.el allows you to do that but I haven't been able to get it to work in
> org files.

Could you please clarify what you mean by 'get it to work'. May be you
are experiencing some issues with having them exported.

I had filed a report few months back. See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-12/msg00978.html

Jambunathan K.