* #+STARTUP: content: How to expand only some sections on startup?
@ 2011-11-06 14:27 Marius Hofert
From: Marius Hofert @ 2011-11-06 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs help

Hi,

as described on http://orgmode.org/manual/Visibility-cycling.html one can set #+STARTUP: content to start an .org file with all headlines shown, the default is "overview". I tried to put "#+STARTUP: content" in some sections hoping that they will be expanded on startup while other sections will not be expanded (so following "overview").
Is something like this possible?

Cheers,

Marius

* Re: #+STARTUP: content: How to expand only some sections on startup?
@ 2011-11-06 20:15 ` Marius Hofert
From: Marius Hofert @ 2011-11-06 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs help

Okay, I figured it out. There's a visibility property for that, e.g.:

:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: content
:END:

Cheers,

Marius

@ 2011-11-06 20:29   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-11-06 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Hofert; +Cc: Emacs help

1. C-h i
2. m org
3. i visibility
4. keep pressing "," until you land up where all visibility is
   documented.

1 => launch info
2 => visit org manual
3 => index lookup for visibility