* [Babel] Difficult to follow code execution in HTML exported file
@ 2010-11-26 10:59 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-11-26 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

#+TITLE:     Tables don't have their name exported
#+DATE:      2010-11-26
#+LANGUAGE:  en_US

* Abstract

Chunks of code are exported to HTML with their parameters, such as table
names. But *tables aren't exported with their name*.

* Playing with data and code

Here is one table:

#+tblname: numbers-1
|        1 |
|        2 |
|       45 |
|     test |
| 3.141592 |

Another one is here:

#+tblname: numbers-2
|       21 |
|       22 |
|      245 |
|    test2 |
| 23.14159 |

When applying the following chunk of code to some data (find who is
=numbers-1=!):

#+srcname: add-type
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var data=numbers-1 :exports both
(mapcar
 (lambda (line)
   (let ((number (car line)))
     (list number (type-of number))))
 data)
#+end_src

I get the following results:

#+results: add-type
#+BEGIN_RESULT
|        1 | integer |
|        2 | integer |
|       45 | integer |
|     test | string  |
| 3.141592 | float   |
#+END_RESULT

* Explanation

In HTML, I can't entirely follow the explanation, as the code's parameter
(here: =numbers-1=) is not visible anywhere: *tables don't have their name
exported*...

I well see that the chunk of code is called on table =numbers-1=, but I don't
which one of the two tables it is.

Best regards,
  Seb

--