* [org-babel] Using the power of ESS inside an R source code block
@ 2010-10-24  9:44 Bernd Weiss
From: Bernd Weiss @ 2010-10-24  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Yesterday, I spent some time (re-)discovering the power of org-babel and
R. Everything works well but there is one issue that I find somewhat
annoying (I apologise if this word is too rude). As a long-time ESS user
I wish that I could use things like ESS syntax highlighting, indentation
or some keybindings (e.g. for "<-") inside an R source code block.
However, with respect to an e-mail from Eric Schulte

http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg22301.html

(or this one:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2009-September/005544.html )

this seems to be a feature wich is hard to realise inside org-babel. Is
this (still) correct? Or is it a problem with my
installation/initialisation of org-mode/org-babel?[1]

Thanks,

Bernd

[1] This is the org-mode part in my .emacs:

;; The following lines are always needed.  Choose your own keys.
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(global-font-lock-mode 1)                     ; for all buffers
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)  ; Org buffers only
;;(setq org-ditaa-jar-path
"D:/programme/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/contrib/scripts/ditaa.jar")

(setq org-directory "e:/projects/org/")

(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

;; active Babel languages
(setq org-babel-load-languages