* Tutorial for Beamer export seems to lack settings
@ 2011-08-06 14:25 LanX
From: LanX @ 2011-08-06 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Guys,

maybe I'm missing something but the examples in

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html

don't seem to work with a normal org-mode 7.7 installation.

For instance  needed to add       \usepackage{hyperref} in
Org-Export-Latex-Classes to make #+begin_src work.

Are the settings of
http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/10/writing-presentations-with-org-mode-and.htmlnecessary
to use this tutorial?

Also
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 3
doesn't seem to work for me... no subsections are generated.

Cheers
  Rolf

* Re: Tutorial for Beamer export seems to lack settings
@ 2011-08-06 15:07 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-08-06 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi LanX,

LanX wrote:
> maybe I'm missing something but the examples in
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html
>
> don't seem to work with a normal org-mode 7.7 installation.
>
> For instance  needed to add       \usepackage{hyperref} in
> Org-Export-Latex-Classes to make #+begin_src work.
>
> Are the settings of
> http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/10/writing-presentations-with-org-mode-and.htmlnecessary
> to use this tutorial?
>
> Also
> #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 3
> doesn't seem to work for me... no subsections are generated.

Could you send us an ECM (complete, but... minimal example) that allows us to
reproduce the above problems?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Tutorial for Beamer export seems to lack settings
@ 2011-08-06 15:31   ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2011-08-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

ECM?

The worg tutorial has an example using #+begin_src which should be
translated into \begin{lstlisting} environments in latex.

namely:

#+begin_src octave
A = [1 2 ; 3 4]
b = [1; 1];
x = A\b
#+end_src

But when I check the corresponding latexcode (C-c C-e L) the  necessary
package is not imported, namely   "\usepackage{listings}"

I was able to solve the other problem with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL  adding
"\subsection{%s}" to Org-Export-Latex-Classes.

I'm using  gnu-emacs 23.1.50.1.

It seems like some auto-configurations of the latex-classes are not
initialized.

If I'm the only one experiencing this problem I will try to set up a new
emacs instance to test it.

Cheers
  Rolf

@ 2011-08-06 16:52     ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2011-08-06 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

seems like I found the solution, see

* Org Export Latex Listings:
   If you want to use this, you also need to make LaTeX use the
   listings package, and if you want to have color, the color
   package.  Just add these to `org-export-latex-packages-alist',
   for example using customize, or with something like

     (require 'org-latex)
     (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "listings"))
     (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "color"))

maybe this should be mentioned in the tutorial.

Actually I don't understand why this flag doesn't automatically include the
latex-package listings.

Nevermind the other problem with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL, it was a consequence of
trying to solve the former one.

Cheers
  Rolf

@ 2011-08-06 18:55     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-08-06 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi LanX,

LanX wrote:
> ECM?

See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#ecm. This is an French acronym I try
to push in this ML ;-)

> The worg tutorial has an example using #+begin_src which should be
> translated into \begin{lstlisting} environments in latex.
>
> namely:
>
> #+begin_src octave
> A = [1 2 ; 3 4]
> b = [1; 1];
> x = A\b
> #+end_src
>
> But when I check the corresponding latexcode (C-c C-e L) the  necessary
> package is not imported, namely   "\usepackage{listings}"
>
> I was able to solve the other problem with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL  adding
> "\subsection{%s}" to Org-Export-Latex-Classes.

Euh, you should not (need to) edit `org-export-latex-classes'. I'm not sure
why you need it. Maybe providing us with such an ECM would allow us to see if
you include the right header options.

> I'm using  gnu-emacs 23.1.50.1.

So do I.

@ 2011-08-06 18:58       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-08-06 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi LanX,

LanX wrote:
> seems like I found the solution, see

I'm glad.

> * Org Export Latex Listings:
>    If you want to use this, you also need to make LaTeX use the
>    listings package, and if you want to have color, the color
>    package.  Just add these to `org-export-latex-packages-alist',
>    for example using customize, or with something like
>
>      (require 'org-latex)
>      (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "listings"))
>      (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "color"))
>
> maybe this should be mentioned in the tutorial.
>
> Actually I don't understand why this flag doesn't automatically include the
> latex-package listings.

What do you mean by flag?  Those packages?  Yes, on one side, I agree it'd be
better if they'd been included by default. Though, some people use other
packages to provide support for coloring code in LaTeX, namely minted.
Hence... no default choice, to allow everybody to choose what he prefers.

> Nevermind the other problem with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL, it was a consequence of
> trying to solve the former one.

Excellent!

Best regards,
  Seb