* Re: org-src-fontify-natively (was: org-mode in the press)
@ 2012-01-28 17:30 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2012-01-28 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Christian Wittern, emacs-orgmode

Great! That must be a new addition that I missed. It is not perfect though,
as I use a variable font for org-mode, which is inherited by the embedded
source code block when I turn on org-src-fontify-natively . Is there any
way of preventing that so blocks are always in e.g. Inconsolata?

I found that the block background color may be changed by
org-block-background which is nice to make a visual distinction of source
code sections!

Regards,
Dov

@ 2012-01-28 18:17 ` Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2012-01-28 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Christian Wittern, emacs-orgmode

I investigated this and found that this may almost be fixed by doing:

;; Make all font-lock faces fonts use inconsolata
(dolist (face '(font-lock-builtin-face
                font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
                font-lock-comment-face
                font-lock-constant-face
                font-lock-doc-face
                font-lock-function-name-face
                font-lock-keyword-face
                font-lock-negation-char-face
                font-lock-preprocessor-face
                font-lock-regexp-grouping-backslash
                font-lock-regexp-grouping-construct
                font-lock-string-face
                font-lock-type-face
                font-lock-variable-name-face
                font-lock-warning-face))
  (set-face-attribute face nil :family my-default-family))

But unfortunately not fully, because both source code (at least in python)
and org-mode make use of the default font. And since I change this at
org-mode startup to the "variable-pitch" the result is that I inherit this
in the source code blocks as well.

A solution would be that all org-mode faces would inherit a common
org-mode-face. You could then customize this font to a variable-pitch
without using the ~variable-pitch-mode~ command. Is this feasible?

Regards,
Dov

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively
@ 2012-01-29 20:59   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-01-29 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Dov,

Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> A solution would be that all org-mode faces would inherit a common
> org-mode-face. You could then customize this font to a variable-pitch
> without using the ~variable-pitch-mode~ command. Is this feasible?

There is `org-default', but I don't know if it solves your problem?

For making your blocks _really_ standing out, use as well a config like this:

    (org-block-begin-line ((t (:underline "#A7A6AA" :foreground "#555555" :background "#E2E1D5"))))
    (org-block-end-line ((t (:overline "#A7A6AA" :foreground "#555555" :background "#E2E1D5"))))

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban