* Feature Request: that the pdf saved automatically from agenda be immediately displayed
@ 2009-03-15 13:55 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-03-15 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

The saving of a pdf is a really nice feature.  I had hacked org-agenda, I
think, to automatically do this.  However, it would be nicer if immediate
display were optional.  I don't know whether \C-u makes sense as a prefix to
saving a file with \C-x \C-w.  Perhaps not.

Perhaps this cannot even be done at all, given the utter elegance of the
solution that we are given.

Thank you for this feature.

Alan

--
Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one
non-existent."                     ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or
else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell

* Re: Feature Request: that the pdf saved automatically from agenda be immediately displayed
@ 2009-03-15 15:56 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-15 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Alan,

a request from my side, to you and everyone else:

Please do me a favor and don't use the subject line
as part of a mail. In most viewers, the subject is
displayed in a completely different place, and long subject
lines I might not even see completely.  This
makes me struggle to put together the content.
Just repeat the subject as part of the main text,
please, if it is is part of the text.

On Mar 15, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> The saving of a pdf is a really nice feature.  I had hacked org-
> agenda, I think, to automatically do this.  However, it would be
> nicer if immediate display were optional.  I don't know whether \C-u
> makes sense as a prefix to saving a file with \C-x \C-w.  Perhaps not.

Sure , this is a good idea, works now like this.

- Carsten