From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: POLL: the 40 variables project
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:18:49 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Manish,

what can I say, awesome!

To get the default values, you could do

(get 'org-some-variable 'standard-value)

and evaluate this.  You can do this with a formula in the table,
I have successfully tried this:

#+TBLFM: $2='(let ((x (prin1-to-string (get '$1 'standard-value))))
(org-require-autoloaded-modules) (if (or (string-match "\n" x) (>
(length x) 40)) "complex" x));L

It get the value, converts it to a string and inserts it if it is
not too long and does not contain a newline.

- Carsten