From: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
To: Dan Davison <davison@stats.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: [babel] Re: org-babel: Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:52:50 -1000	[thread overview]

On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:10 AM, Dan Davison wrote:

> Dear thread participants, please note that we were breaking the rule
> of
> prepending the subject line with the string [babel]!
>
> One question inline below.
>
> "Eric Schulte" <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Thanks for this, Eric.  It looks neat.  I was happy with all the
>>> little .tex files, but agree with Torsten that this path is
>>> potentially cleaner.
>>>

>> Please let me know if you do find this useful or have any
>> suggestions.
>> If it proves useful I will add it to the org-mode repository.
>
> Am I right in thinking that one issue remaining in this thread is that
> we currently have no means of tangling the output of org-babel-latex?
> Thus the 'begin_src latex' blocks that we can tangle have unevaluated
> variables, and the resulting 'begin_latex' blocks have evaluated
> variables but can't be tangled? (We could extend tangling to cover
> such
> blocks, or perhaps preferably use ':results code' to generate
> 'begin_src
> latex' blocks?)
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

I haven't found time to evaluate org-babel-latex, but, yes, the
example provided with the code raised a concern that the 'begin_latex'
blocks are divorced from the literate programming structure built up
by the named 'begin_src latex' blocks.  Ideally, I think, the
'begin_latex' blocks would replace <<noweb>> references to their
source 'begin_src latex' blocks, or would employ some other mechanism
that doesn't break the literate programming structure I create.

Tom