* #+include vs. resizing & centrering
@ 2022-03-30  9:07 Guillaume MULLER
From: Guillaume MULLER @ 2022-03-30  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Thanks for org-mode, it is so perfect :)

I'm currently fighting with a problem that I cannot find a solution to (either on my own or with help on the web). If someone could help me, I would be very thankful.

I have an org-mode file that "includes" ane xternally generated image, like so:

#+INCLUDE: ./test.dot src dot :file test.png

The thing is the resulting image is too big. So I want to resize it.

I've tried several things that did not work:
- add #+ATTR_LATEX: :width xxx before the #+INCLUDE
- add :width xxx or :scale xxx on the #+INCLUDE line itself
- ...

Thus I resolved to use plain LaTeX code with something like:
#+LATEX: \center \scalebox{.85}{%
#+INCLUDE: ./test.dot src dot :file test.png
#+LATEX: }

Then the problem is that #+INCLUDE adds a \begin{center}\end{center} around the image inclusion, and \scalebox{} does not like that, making the resulting .tex file not compile ("perhaps missing \item").

Again, I've tried several unsuccessful things :
- add #+ATTR_LATEX: :center nil before the #+INCLUDE
- add :center nil on the #+INCLUDE line itself
- ...

If anyone has an idea how a can solve the problem of resizing a #+INCLUDE'd image, either in plain org or with a LaTeX "warkaround", I would be very grateful.

Thanks !

Guillaume MULLER, PhD

* Re: #+include vs. resizing & centrering [SOLUTION]
@ 2022-03-30  9:26 ` Guillaume MULLER
From: Guillaume MULLER @ 2022-03-30  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode