* Interesting statistics about Org-mode
@ 2010-02-07 22:42 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-07 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

here are some numbers and facts about Org-mode that
continue to amaze me.

Contributors
     gmane.org, and quite a few more in my private mail archive,
     because it contains also messages sent to me and replied to by
     me privately.

   - As far as I can tell, we have not even had an attempt to start
     a flame in the mailing list (maybe thanks to the moderators,
     but I don't think so)

   - Absolutely no spam (definitely this is because of our excellent
     moderators!)

Websites
--------
   - The main FSF page about Emacs (http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/)
     mentions 4 extensions as examples.  Org-mode is one of them,
     together with Gnus, the Debugger, and the Calendar.

   - More than 200000 visits to the website orgmode.org in a single
year.
     The only countries from which there have been no visits at all
during
     that year are Greenland, Albania, Turkmenistan, Yemen, Guyana,
     and about 12 countries in Africa.

   - Lifehacker.com put Org-mode into its Outline Tools top-five
     selection list.

   - Typically 10 Twitter messages a day mention Org-mode.

Google Tech Talk
----------------
   - almost 50000 Views of the Google Tech Talk.
     This is almost as many as as the Google Tech Talks by the
     One Famous GTD Guru Merlin Mann:
     - "Inbox Zero" with about 60000 Views
     - "Time and Attention" with about 70000 Views
     There are only some 35 Google Tech Talks with more views,
     this is crazy.

All of this make me very proud.  Thanks to all of you for making
it happen.

- Carsten

* Re: Interesting statistics about Org-mode
@ 2010-02-08 14:30 ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2010-02-08 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>   - Close to 800 subscribers to the mailing list.

And that doesn't take into account those of us who read the list via
Gmane as the newsgroup "gmane.emacs.orgmode".¹

Footnotes:
¹ http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode

--
Steven E. Harris

* Re: Re: Interesting statistics about Org-mode
@ 2010-02-08 22:37   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-08 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven E. Harris; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 8, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Steven E. Harris wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>  - Close to 800 subscribers to the mailing list.
>
> And that doesn't take into account those of us who read the list via
> Gmane as the newsgroup "gmane.emacs.orgmode".¹

Yes.  But I have absolutely no feeling how many this might be.

- Carsten

> Footnotes:
> ¹ http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode
>
> --