* target-links (backlink) relation and global radio targets
@ 2007-06-08  7:20 Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-06-08  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm wondering if it is possible to see the all links from the target?
for example, I have project B depending on project A like this:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO NEXT WAITING DONE
* TODO project A
# <<project A>>

* WAITING project B
  project is waiting completion of [[project A]]

when the project A is finished I'd like to check which one is depends on it and
to switch it to state NEXT in order to start working on it. it would be nice
to execute some function when cursor is on target <<project A>> and see
the sparse tree (headlines + some text) with all points where the link to
the target occurs. is it possible to implement this with special agenda view?
please give me a hint

one more question about radio targets:
is it difficult to implement global radio targets list for all files referred
by  org-agenda-files? and update this list for example every tame agenda view
is called? could anybody write a code snippet?

thank you and best regards
Maxim

* Re: target-links (backlink) relation and global radio targets
@ 2007-06-08 12:48 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-08 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:20, Maxim Loginov wrote:

> I'm wondering if it is possible to see the all links from the target?
> for example, I have project B depending on project A like this:
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO NEXT WAITING DONE
> * TODO project A
> # <<project A>>
>
> * WAITING project B
>   project is waiting completion of [[project A]]
>
> when the project A is finished I'd like to check which one is depends
> on it and
> to switch it to state NEXT in order to start working on it. it would
> be nice
> to execute some function when cursor is on target <<project A>> and see
> the sparse tree (headlines + some text) with all points where the link
> the target occurs. is it possible to implement this with special
> agenda view?

Not a special agenda view, but you can use `org-occur'
to create the corresponding sparse tree.

In your example:

    C-c / \[project A\] RET

Actually, this is useful, so this will become the default operation
when pressing `C-c C-o' (org-open-at-point) on a target.  Thanks. for
the idea.

> one more question about radio targets:
> is it difficult to implement global radio targets list for all files
> referred
> by  org-agenda-files?

No, see

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/1306/match=radio+transmit

> and update this list for example every tame agenda view
> is called?

> could anybody write a code snippet?

How about you yourself if that is functionality you need?

- Carsten

* Re: target-links (backlink) relation and global radio targets
@ 2007-06-09  3:55   ` Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-06-09  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> the target occurs. is it possible to implement this with special
>> agenda view?
>
> Not a special agenda view, but you can use `org-occur'
> to create the corresponding sparse tree.
>
> In your example:
>
>    C-c / \[project A\] RET

thanks, I'll try this

>> one more question about radio targets:
>> is it difficult to implement global radio targets list for all files
>> referred
>> by  org-agenda-files?
>
> No, see
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/1306/match=radio+transmit

I've seen this thread, but I do not expect too much radio targets, anyway if
it will be too slow, you can switch it off.

> How about you yourself if that is functionality you need?

I'll do it at some point, when learn elisp and orgmode, now I'm just starting

best
Maxim