* Org mode manual written in? texinfo?
@ 2010-08-29 19:12 Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2010-08-29 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was just wondering... Is the manual written in texinfo markup, or is there
some obscure .org file behind the manual still?

If it really is written in texinfo, is this not a shortcoming? Org mode is
capable of generating html and pdf etc. Why not use it for the manual then
to set the example and show its powers!?

/Gustav

* Re: Org mode manual written in? texinfo?
@ 2010-08-30 12:55 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-30 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustav Wikström; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 29, 2010, at 9:12 PM, Gustav Wikström wrote:

> I was just wondering... Is the manual written in texinfo markup, or
> is there some obscure .org file behind the manual still?
>
> If it really is written in texinfo, is this not a shortcoming? Org
> mode is capable of generating html and pdf etc. Why not use it for
> the manual then to set the example and show its powers!?

Org-mode is currently not able to produce TeXInfo, which is the
standard for Emacs documentation.  Also TeXInfo has support for lots
of indices etc.

- Carsten

* Re: Org mode manual written in? texinfo?
@ 2010-08-30 15:56 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-08-30 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustav Wikström; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Gustav,

Theoretically, one could export from org to docbook, then output
texinfo with docbook2x.  I tried this a while ago but couldn't get
docbook2x to work with minimal effort and gave up.

Tom

@ 2010-09-03  7:30   ` Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2010-09-03  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode