* can't get appointments working
@ 2007-11-07 17:27 Alfredo Buttari
From: Alfredo Buttari @ 2007-11-07 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,
I'm trying to convert items in my org files into appointments. As far
as my understanding goes, org-agenda-to-appt has to be run every time
I start emacs so I added these lines to my .emacs file:

(setq appt-display-format 'window)
(setq appt-display-duration 30)
(setq appt-audible t)
(setq appt-display-mode-line t)
(appt-activate 1)
(org-agenda-to-appt)

but when I start emacs appt-time-msg-list has value nil. However if I
run org-agenda-to-appt manually right after emacs startup, then I get
the message "1 event added for today" and the variable
appt-time-msg-list contains the appropriate values.
What am I doing wrong here?

thanks

alfredo

Alfredo Buttari,
Innovative Computing Laboratory,
UTK Computer Science Dept.
1122 Volunteer Blvd. Knoxville, TN 37996
Tel: 001-865-974-9989

* Re: can't get appointments working
@ 2007-11-07 20:51 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2007-11-07 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Alfredo Buttari" <alfredo.buttari@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to convert items in my org files into appointments. As far
> as my understanding goes, org-agenda-to-appt has to be run every time
> I start emacs so I added these lines to my .emacs file:
>
> (setq appt-display-format 'window)
> (setq appt-display-duration 30)
> (setq appt-audible t)
> (setq appt-display-mode-line t)
> (appt-activate 1)
> (org-agenda-to-appt)
>

> but when I start emacs appt-time-msg-list has value nil. However if I
> run org-agenda-to-appt manually right after emacs startup, then I get
> the message "1 event added for today" and the variable
> appt-time-msg-list contains the appropriate values.
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> thanks
>
> alfredo

Are you calling the above code before org-mode has been loaded?  You
can look through the Messages buffer to see what happens at startup...

* Re: can't get appointments working
@ 2007-11-07 22:38 Alfredo Buttari
From: Alfredo Buttari @ 2007-11-07 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, david

> Are you calling the above code before org-mode has been loaded?  You
> can look through the Messages buffer to see what happens at startup...

Thanks David,
that was exactly my mistake. It works perfectly now.