* creating notes in tasks
@ 2010-03-17 14:34 Neil Hepburn
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Neil Hepburn @ 2010-03-17 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings

I have found the notes tool in tasks to be invaluable (in an agenda view click on/highlight a task hit z). Is there a way to do this from a task in my todo.org file? Often when I am sorting through my todo file I want to make little notes attached to a task. Of course I can manually edit them but the notes tool in an agenda view is much more convenient.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil Hepburn, Economics Instructor
Department of Social Sciences, Augustana Faculty
University of Alberta
4901-46 Avenue
Camrose, Alberta  T4V 2R3

Phone (780) 679-1588
email nhepburn@ualberta.ca

No trees were harmed in creating this message. (However, millions of electrons were terribly disturbed.)

* Re: creating notes in tasks
@ 2010-03-17 14:46 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-03-17 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Hepburn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Neil Hepburn wrote:
>Greetings

>I have found the notes tool in tasks to be invaluable (in an agenda
>view click on/highlight a task hit z). Is there a way to do this from
>a task in my todo.org file? Often when I am sorting through my todo
>file I want to make little notes attached to a task. Of course I can
>manually edit them but the notes tool in an agenda view is much more
>convenient.

Yes: Hitting C-c C-z.

HTH
 -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: creating notes in tasks
@ 2010-03-17 15:09 ` Mikael Fornius
From: Mikael Fornius @ 2010-03-17 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Hepburn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Press C-c C-z to add a note to an entry.

--
Mikael Fornius

* Re: creating notes in tasks
@ 2010-03-17 15:25 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-03-17 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Neil,

Emacs is great at self documenting. When your cursor is in your org
buffer, press "C-h m" , change to the new buffer and search for
"note". If you want to know more about a command sequence then press
"C-h k" and then the sequence you are interested in.

e.g "C-h k C-c C-z"  in an org buffer:-

,----
| C-c C-z runs the command org-add-note, which is an interactive Lisp
| function in `org.el'.
|
| It is bound to C-c C-z.
|
| (org-add-note)
|
| Add a note to the current entry.
| This is done in the same way as adding a state change note.
`----

regards

r.