* remote R session
@ 2015-08-11 16:04 Zhihao Ding
From: Zhihao Ding @ 2015-08-11 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I was wondering how to automatically fire up a remote R session when
editing source code in babel source code block? I'd like to have everything
on server and be able to play with it including making plots. Currently I
do tangle to a file on server first and then use tramp to access it.
Although I get a remote R session, the problem is that I'll be working on a
generated copy. Any ways to make improve this ?

Thanks,
Zhihao

* Re: remote R session
@ 2015-08-11 16:32 ` Cook, Malcolm
From: Cook, Malcolm @ 2015-08-11 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Zhihao Ding', emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Using ESS, If you are editing a org file file via tramp, editing an R src code block should “just work” to start the attached R session remotely.  I do it all the time.

@ 2015-08-15 13:37   ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2015-08-15 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cook, Malcolm; +Cc: Zhihao Ding, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Can you please post your source block definition (including header args)?

Just curious.
Grant Rettke
--
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/