* Archiving in agenda view storing the wrong headline
@ 2007-05-19  8:43 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-05-19  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

i finally found a way to reproduce a quite annoying bug.

Try this file :

---%<--------------------------------------------------------------------
#+STARTUP:   align fold nodlcheck
#+SEQ_TODO:  TODO DONE
#+TITLE:     Bastien TODO
#+AUTHOR:    Bastien Guerry
#+EMAIL:     Bastien.Guerry@ens.fr
#+ARCHIVE:   archives/bzg_archive::

* Headline 1
* Headline 2
#+CATEGORY: headline2

** First appointment
   SCHEDULED: <2007-05-19 sam>
---%<--------------------------------------------------------------------

Then open a new Emacs session, call `org-agenda-list' then try to
archive the "First appointment".  Org won't store this headline in the
"headline2" category, but it will put the whole "* Headline 2" subtree
in the archives/bzg_archive file.

I guess i'm using a rather unusual and (too) complicated archiving
scheme, but being able to misuse a wonderful tool is what makes it
wonderful sometimes :)

--
Bastien

* Re: Archiving in agenda view storing the wrong headline
@ 2007-05-20  8:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-05-20  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

yes, not I can reproduce the bug, at least if I have
set things up so that the buffer is initially collapsed to
overview.  I.e. for the bug to occur, is is necessary that
the scheduled item is hidden entirely.

I have fixed this for 4.75, thanks for taking the time to
find a setup where this is reproducible.

- Carsten

On May 19, 2007, at 10:43, Bastien wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i finally found a way to reproduce a quite annoying bug.
>
> Try this file :
>
> ---
> %<--------------------------------------------------------------------
> #+STARTUP:   align fold nodlcheck
> #+SEQ_TODO:  TODO DONE
> #+TITLE:     Bastien TODO
> #+AUTHOR:    Bastien Guerry
> #+EMAIL:     Bastien.Guerry@ens.fr
> skip:nil
> #+ARCHIVE:   archives/bzg_archive::
>
> * Headline 1
> * Headline 2
> #+CATEGORY: headline2
>
> ** First appointment
>    SCHEDULED: <2007-05-19 sam>
> ---
> %<--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Then open a new Emacs session, call `org-agenda-list' then try to
> archive the "First appointment".  Org won't store this headline in the
> "headline2" category, but it will put the whole "* Headline 2" subtree
> in the archives/bzg_archive file.
>
> I guess i'm using a rather unusual and (too) complicated archiving
> scheme, but being able to misuse a wonderful tool is what makes it
> wonderful sometimes :)
>
> --
> Bastien

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Archiving in agenda view storing the wrong headline
@ 2007-05-20 12:07   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-05-20 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 20, 2007, at 10:07, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Bastien,
>
> yes, not I can

:-(  Read "now I can" ...