* Bug: org-mode does not properly reenter tasks with the REPEAT timestamp when marked as 'DONE'
@ 2007-10-07 15:25 Robert Miesen
From: Robert Miesen @ 2007-10-07 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I apologize in advance if this is not where bugs are supposed to be sent, but i couldn't
find a better place to file a bug report, so...

==========BEGIN BUG REPORT==========
I attempted to mark a task with the REPEAT timestamp as 'DONE' using 'C-c C-t'
and instead of the schedule timestamp for the task being moved according to the
value within REPEAT() (ex.--- REPEAT(+1w)), it simply is marked as 'DONE' like
a plain-old-task.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. enter "TODO [#B] Some task REPEAT(+1d)
SCHEDULED: <2007-10-01 Mon>" as a task within an agenda tree
2. Mark it as done using 'C-c C-t'

Actual Results:
Item is marked as done instead of prompting user for a closing note (if the
options for org-mode are set to do so) and marking the task as 'TODO' again.

Expected Results:
User should have been prompted for a closing note (if the options for org-mode
are set to do so) and the item should have been marked as 'TODO', with the
'SCHEDULED' timestamp being updated according to the value found in the REPEAT
timestamp.

* Re: Bug: org-mode does not properly reenter tasks with the REPEAT timestamp when marked as 'DONE'
@ 2007-10-08 18:09 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-08 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Miesen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 7, 2007, at 17:25, Robert Miesen wrote:

> ==========BEGIN BUG REPORT==========
> I attempted to mark a task with the REPEAT timestamp as 'DONE' using
> 'C-c C-t'
> and instead of the schedule timestamp for the task being moved
> according to the
> value within REPEAT() (ex.--- REPEAT(+1w)), it simply is marked as
> 'DONE' like
> a plain-old-task.
>
> Reproducible: Always
>
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1. enter "TODO [#B] Some task REPEAT(+1d)
> SCHEDULED: <2007-10-01 Mon>" as a task within an agenda tree
> 2. Mark it as done using 'C-c C-t'
>
> Actual Results:
> Item is marked as done instead of prompting user for a closing note
> (if the
> options for org-mode are set to do so) and marking the task as 'TODO'
> again.
>
> Expected Results:
> User should have been prompted for a closing note (if the options for
> org-mode
> are set to do so) and the item should have been marked as 'TODO', with
> the
> 'SCHEDULED' timestamp being updated according to the value found in
> the REPEAT
> timestamp.

Thanks for the nice and complete report!

The REPEAT(...) cookie is an obsolete way of doing repetitive tasks.
Please check

     http://orgmode.org/org.html#Repeated-tasks

- Carsten