* Org-mode Makefile: make clean needed? make doc error?
@ 2009-09-05 23:39 Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2009-09-05 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Keeping update with org-mode has giving me some headaches with the Makefile
These headaches come from my lack of knowledge probably.

First is the necessity or not of

make clean

before

make

forcing to recompile ALL *.el even those unchanged. On slow computers, maybe
this is a problem.

The other problem is

make doc

I am always getting the Fatal Error below

daniel@martins:~/emacs-lisp/org-mode$ make doc
(cd doc; texi2pdf org.texi)
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./txiversion.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang,
noh
yphenation, portuguese, loaded.
(/home/daniel/emacs-lisp/org-mode/doc/texinfo.tex
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/plain/misc/pdfcolor.tex) fonts,
! Undefined control sequence.
\resetmathfonts ...font 2=\tensy \textfont \itfam
                                                  =\tenit \textfont \slfam
=...
l.1414 \textfonts

?
! Emergency stop.
\resetmathfonts ...font 2=\tensy \textfont \itfam
                                                  =\tenit \textfont \slfam
=...
l.1414 \textfonts

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on txiversion.log.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: texinfo.tex appears to be broken, quitting.
make: ** [doc/org.pdf] Erro 1

* Re: Org-mode Makefile: make clean needed? make doc error?
@ 2009-09-10 20:25 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-09-10 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Martins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Perhaps the makefile could use texi2html and emacs-w3m could display?

Also, AFAIK, git pull does not return an exit status, so && will always execute.

One solution:

                head=`git rev-parse --verify HEAD`
                git pull
                git status
                newhead=`git rev-parse --verify HEAD`
                if [ "$newhead" != "$head" ]
                then
                        #does make clean ret exit code?
                        account echodoq1 make cleanall > elup--make-clean &&
                                echo \=== make &&
                                make>elup--make 2>&1 &&
                                echo &&
                                cat elup--make | account mygrep error
                        diffoldnew cat doc/org.texi
                        #make install ... unnec unless you want
                        #delorg to be backed up.  if so then
                        #install setting prefix lispdir etc. in
                        #some annoying way
                fi

* Re: Org-mode Makefile: make clean needed? make doc error?
@ 2009-09-11 15:30   ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2009-09-11 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org