* deadline :: schedualed :: or-later
@ 2011-08-29 11:38 Michael Hintz
From: Michael Hintz @ 2011-08-29 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

IMHO it needs a 3nd date-mode. I use deadline for all thinks
that have to be done until the deadline-date. I use scheduled
for a fix date ...

and what about thinks that could start at a date "or later".

I tried to fix it by using a time for fix and no time for
non-fixed or has-to-be-start dates, but this is no solution,
because there are todos that have to be done on a fix-time and
others only on a fix day.

But never the less I use a lot of planning tools but org-mode
fits best for all my needs -
                               thanks - Michael

* Re: deadline :: schedualed :: or-later
@ 2011-08-29 11:48 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2011-08-29 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hintz; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Michael,

Please check the purpose of SCHEDULED in org-mode:

   http://orgmode.org/manual/Deadlines-and-scheduling.html

It is exactly what you mean by starting at a day or later.

For a fixed date, just drop a timestamp inside a heading.

Regards,
.j.

@ 2011-08-30 21:42   ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2011-08-30 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

IHMO, this model has two problems:

- There's no way (AFAIK) to reschedule a simple timestamp from the
  agenda. You have to hit RET on the entry to visit the org file and
  then you can change the date with C-c !.

- Sometimes I want to do some follow-up work after a meeting but I'm too
  busy (or lazy) to do it on the same day. Having it SCHEDULE'd ensures
  that it will show up the next days as a reminder.

Cheers,
Viktor

@ 2011-08-31  7:25     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-08-31  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Viktor,

Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> - There's no way (AFAIK) to reschedule a simple timestamp from the
>   agenda. You have to hit RET on the entry to visit the org file and
>   then you can change the date with C-c !.

You can do C-c C-s from the agenda directly. Even using only the right (or
left) arrow keys to move your date by one day.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: deadline :: schedualed :: or-later
@ 2011-08-31  7:27       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-08-31  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 31, 2011, at 9:25 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Viktor,
>
> Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
>> - There's no way (AFAIK) to reschedule a simple timestamp from the
>>  agenda. You have to hit RET on the entry to visit the org file and
>>  then you can change the date with C-c !.
>
> You can do C-c C-s from the agenda directly. Even using only the right (or
> left) arrow keys

with the SHIFT key pressed

> to move your date by one day.
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> --
> Sebastien Vauban

- Carsten

* Re: deadline :: schedualed :: or-later
@ 2011-08-31 12:15       ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2011-08-31 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> > - There's no way (AFAIK) to reschedule a simple timestamp from the
> >   agenda. You have to hit RET on the entry to visit the org file and
> >   then you can change the date with C-c !.
>
> You can do C-c C-s from the agenda directly. Even using only the right (or
> left) arrow keys to move your date by one day.

Modifying a *simple* timestamp with Shift-arrow-left/right works, but
C-c C-s will ignore the simple timestamp and insert a *new* timestamp
with SCHEDULED prepended.

What I'm looking for is a way to reschedule a meeting that only has a
*simple* timestamp (no DEADLINE or SCHEDULED).

Cheers,
Viktor

* Re: deadline :: schedualed :: or-later
@ 2011-08-31 12:38         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-08-31 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Viktor Rosenfeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 31, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>
>> Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
>>> - There's no way (AFAIK) to reschedule a simple timestamp from the
>>>  agenda. You have to hit RET on the entry to visit the org file and
>>>  then you can change the date with C-c !.
>>
>> You can do C-c C-s from the agenda directly. Even using only the right (or
>> left) arrow keys to move your date by one day.
>
> Modifying a *simple* timestamp with Shift-arrow-left/right works,

This is the only way currently to remote-modify simple timestamps.

> but
> C-c C-s will ignore the simple timestamp and insert a *new* timestamp
> with SCHEDULED prepended.
>
> What I'm looking for is a way to reschedule a meeting that only has a
> *simple* timestamp (no DEADLINE or SCHEDULED).
>
> Cheers,
> Viktor

- Carsten