* losing my agenda status..
@ 2008-11-17 14:44 sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-11-17 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

a quick gush.. i have finally moved my whole live over to org mode
from tracks and planner.el. and i am very much happier. my whole life
revolves around  millions of notes.. and this allowed me to be way
more free form..

that being said..

i set up a git repository to keep my org files.. that way i can work
on them from both my laptop and my desktop computer..

everything works great.. except..

when i pull changes, it looks like the files list that is on my agenda
list is cleared..

when i run agenda, i get a blank agenda until i manually go in and add
all the files back to the list..

am i missing something?

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

* Re: losing my agenda status..
@ 2008-11-18  8:15 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-18  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sergio,

you are not giving us enough information to work with.

With the normal Org-mode setup, the list of agenda files
is kept in the variable `org-agenda-files'.  This variable
is stored, depending on setup, in your .emacs file
or a .custom file, wherever the custom settings are stored.

As long as your git updates do not overwrite these files,
I cannot see how the list of agenda files can be lost.

Alternatively, you can keep the list of agenda files in a file.
Have you changed your setup to do that?  Is that file part of
the git repo?

Please provide more information about your setup, and
check the values of the variable org-agenda-files before
and after a git update.

- Carsten

On Nov 17, 2008, at 3:44 PM, sergio wrote:

> a quick gush.. i have finally moved my whole live over to org mode
> from tracks and planner.el. and i am very much happier. my whole
> life revolves around  millions of notes.. and this allowed me to be
> way more free form..
>
> that being said..
>
> i set up a git repository to keep my org files.. that way i can work
> on them from both my laptop and my desktop computer..
>
> everything works great.. except..
>
> when i pull changes, it looks like the files list that is on my
> agenda list is cleared..
>
> when i run agenda, i get a blank agenda until i manually go in and
> add all the files back to the list..
>
> am i missing something?
>
> thanks!
>

> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
> www.village-buzz.com

* Re: losing my agenda status..
@ 2008-11-18 15:04   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-11-18 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> With the normal Org-mode setup, the list of agenda files
> is kept in the variable `org-agenda-files'.  This variable
> is stored, depending on setup, in your .emacs file
> or a .custom file, wherever the custom settings are stored.

i have looked at this a bit more last night, and i don't think that
it's an org-mode problem..

it looks like these files are in a custom file somewhere. i am finding
that alot of times, my customizations are not being saved when i
restart emacs, even when i make sure to save all customizations..

since this is not an org-mode issue (now that i get more clues) i will
take this question to another list..

thanks!

___