* Publishing webs using org
@ 2008-07-03 13:47 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-07-03 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I have a setup containing something like this:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(
	("cv-text"
	 :base-directory "~/cv/"
	 :base-extension "org"
	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:sr@hermes:~/webs/rr/cv/"
         :recursive t
	 :section-numbers nil
	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
	 :style "<link rel=stylesheet
                     href=\"./cv.css\"
                     type=\"text/css\">"
	 :table-of-contents t
	 :auto-preamble t
	 :auto-postamble t
	 )
	("cv-css"
	 :base-directory "~/cv/"
	 :base-extension "css"
	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:sr@hermes:~/webs/rr/cv/"
	 :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)
	("cv"
	 :components ("cv-text" "cv-css")
	 )
	)
)

The only way I could see to have the publish transfer the CSS was to
create a seperate project and publish the cv-text and cv-css as
components of the cv project.

I would like to suggest that the org-publish-org-to-html defaults to
including other file types such as css. Or possibly there should also be
a "me too" setting which includes all files of a certain type or name
during a publish using whichever publish method.

* Re: Publishing webs using org
@ 2008-07-03 17:38 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-03 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: org-mode

On Jul 3, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:

> I have a setup containing something like this:
>
> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>      '(
> 	("cv-text"
> 	 :base-directory "~/cv/"
> 	 :base-extension "org"
> 	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:sr@hermes:~/webs/rr/cv/"
>         :recursive t
> 	 :section-numbers nil
> 	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
> 	 :style "<link rel=stylesheet
>                     href=\"./cv.css\"
>                     type=\"text/css\">"
> 	 :table-of-contents t
> 	 :auto-preamble t
> 	 :auto-postamble t
> 	 )
> 	("cv-css"
> 	 :base-directory "~/cv/"
> 	 :base-extension "css"
> 	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:sr@hermes:~/webs/rr/cv/"
> 	 :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)
> 	("cv"
> 	 :components ("cv-text" "cv-css")
> 	 )
> 	)
> )
>
> The only way I could see to have the publish transfer the CSS was to
> create a seperate project and publish the cv-text and cv-css as
> components of the cv project.

This is how it is supposed to work.  The CSS etc is only copied and
therefore needs a different setup.  I find the setup you show quite
clean.

- Carsten