emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* dvipng: -E is not a valid option
@ 2009-08-05  1:15 Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  2009-08-05 15:13 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-08-05  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

In org.el, dvipng is called with the -E option, but I can't find out what this
option does.  If I call dvipng -E ... directly from the Linux shell, I get

/usr/bin/dvipng warning: -E is not a valid option [1]

-- 
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: dvipng: -E is not a valid option
  2009-08-05  1:15 dvipng: -E is not a valid option Hsiu-Khuern Tang
@ 2009-08-05 15:13 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-08-05 15:51   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-05 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Actually, I have no idea, this was copied from latex2png.el.

If you remove the -E, does it still work?

- Carsten

On Aug 5, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In org.el, dvipng is called with the -E option, but I can't find out  
> what this
> option does.  If I call dvipng -E ... directly from the Linux shell,  
> I get
>
> /usr/bin/dvipng warning: -E is not a valid option [1]
>
> -- 
> Best,
> Hsiu-Khuern.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: dvipng: -E is not a valid option
  2009-08-05 15:13 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-08-05 15:51   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  2009-08-05 16:00     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-08-05 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* On Wed 03:13PM +0000, 05 Aug 2009, Carsten Dominik (carsten.dominik@gmail.com) wrote:
> Actually, I have no idea, this was copied from latex2png.el.
> 
> If you remove the -E, does it still work?

It works with and without the -E.  dvipng appears to discard invalid options
(with a warning).  The dvipng Texinfo manual does not list the -E option, I
think it is safe to take it out.

> - Carsten
> 
> On Aug 5, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
> 
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In org.el, dvipng is called with the -E option, but I can't find out  
> > what this
> > option does.  If I call dvipng -E ... directly from the Linux shell,  
> > I get
> >
> > /usr/bin/dvipng warning: -E is not a valid option [1]
> >
> > -- 
> > Best,
> > Hsiu-Khuern.
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
> 

-- 
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: dvipng: -E is not a valid option
  2009-08-05 15:51   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
@ 2009-08-05 16:00     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-05 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, done.  Thanks.

- Carsten

On Aug 5, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

> * On Wed 03:13PM +0000, 05 Aug 2009, Carsten Dominik (carsten.dominik@gmail.com 
> ) wrote:
>> Actually, I have no idea, this was copied from latex2png.el.
>>
>> If you remove the -E, does it still work?
>
> It works with and without the -E.  dvipng appears to discard invalid  
> options
> (with a warning).  The dvipng Texinfo manual does not list the -E  
> option, I
> think it is safe to take it out.
>
>> - Carsten
>>
>> On Aug 5, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In org.el, dvipng is called with the -E option, but I can't find out
>>> what this
>>> option does.  If I call dvipng -E ... directly from the Linux shell,
>>> I get
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/dvipng warning: -E is not a valid option [1]
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Best,
>>> Hsiu-Khuern.
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>>> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>>> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
>>
>
> -- 
> Best,
> Hsiu-Khuern.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-08-05 16:00 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-08-05  1:15 dvipng: -E is not a valid option Hsiu-Khuern Tang
2009-08-05 15:13 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-08-05 15:51   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
2009-08-05 16:00     ` Carsten Dominik

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).