* TODO keyword faces do not work when tags are globally set
@ 2016-11-27  8:48 Maria Shinoto
From: Maria Shinoto @ 2016-11-27  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have set TODO-keywords in my init.el file and also set colors etc. for
the different TODO keywords, works fine.

Today I wanted to set tags globally in the init file as well, but then
the TODO keywords do not seem to be recognized any more. They get the
same color and font face as the headline.

I simply set

            (setq org-tag-alist '("@haus" .....))

and tried it both before setting the TODO keywords and the font faces as
well as afterwards.

I am working with Org-mode 8.3.6, and my emacs is 25.1

Thanks for your help!

Maria

* Re: TODO keyword faces do not work when tags are globally set
@ 2016-11-27 11:16 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-27 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maria Shinoto; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Maria Shinoto <maria@shinoto.de> writes:

> I have set TODO-keywords in my init.el file and also set colors etc.
> for the different TODO keywords, works fine.
>
> Today I wanted to set tags globally in the init file as well, but then
> the TODO keywords do not seem to be recognized any more. They get the
> same color and font face as the headline.
>
> I simply set
>
>            (setq org-tag-alist '("@haus" .....))
>
> and tried it both before setting the TODO keywords and the font faces
> as well as afterwards.
>
> I am working with Org-mode 8.3.6, and my emacs is 25.1

Could you try again with latest release (Org 9.0.1)?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: TODO keyword faces do not work when tags are globally set
@ 2016-11-28  1:41   ` Maria Shinoto
From: Maria Shinoto @ 2016-11-28  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

It was another beginner's fault that happened during some polishing of
my init file.

After all, the init file loaded my TODO file before before setting the
TODO keywords and their faces; now the files are loaded in the end of
the init process, and everything works again.

Sorry for bothering you!

Best,
Maria

PS I feel uneasy upgrading to 9.01 at the moment, since I am not yet
comfortable with emacs and org mode and may explanations on the web
still do not apply to 9.0, which changed a lot, as far as I understand.