* new test version 4.19b
@ 2006-04-04 13:03 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-04-04 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

at http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org-4.19b.zip

* What is new
** Bug fixes
    including what was reported here.

** Bracket links are now preferred

** <> links containing space characters no longer work
    These need to be converted to [ [ ] ] links.

** The command `M-x org-upgrade-old-links' converts links
    It finds all links in angular brackets and converts them into
    square bracket links.  However, it will leave plain links (those
    without even angular brackets) alone.  If you have relied on such
    links containing space characters, you need to fix those by hand.
    I hope this command works well, but be safe and backup your org
    files before using this  command.

** You can now set the string used as the Ellipsis for hidden text
    By default this is 3 dots, which some people find hard to see.
    Take a look at the option org-ellipsis.  And before you ask, no, I
    have not found a way to make this ellipsis show up in bold face or
    in a color.

** M-RET in the middle of a line is more consistent now
    The rest of the line becomes part of the new headline.  Scott
    convinced me that this is a more reasonable behavior.

** Nic Ferriers XOXO exporter is available on the key C-c C-x C-x.
    The exporter still needs some work - for now all I have done is to
    provide menu access and a key.  And I have changed the output
    buffer from a temporary buffer to a file buffer visiting
    orgfile.xml.  The XML output is immediately saved to that file -
    this I changed for consistency with the other export backends.

** I have created many more customization groups.
    This gives more structure to the customization variables.  It
    should be a lot easier now to find a particular option.  Try M-x
    org-customize.

As always, your feedback and testing is very much appreciated.

- Carsten
--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam

* Re: new test version 4.19b
@ 2006-04-05  7:41 ` Christian Schlauer
From: Christian Schlauer @ 2006-04-05  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> at http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org-4.19b.zip

I get "execute-extended-command: Symbol's function definition is void:
defvaralias" in the *Messages* buffer when I:

- start Emacs 21.3

- C-x C-f foo.txt RET

- M-x org-mode RET

I have the same problem with existing .org-files.

> And before you ask, no, I have not found a way to make this ellipsis
> show up in bold face or in a color.

I didn't even think of requesting that, really!

Hm.

But now as you are mentioning it, if you find a way ... ;-)
--
Christian Schlauer

* Re: Re: new test version 4.19b
@ 2006-04-05  8:00   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-04-05  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cs-usenet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 5, 2006, at 9:41, Christian Schlauer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I get "execute-extended-command: Symbol's function definition is void:
> defvaralias" in the *Messages* buffer when I:
>
> - start Emacs 21.3
>
> - C-x C-f foo.txt RET
>
> - M-x org-mode RET
>
> I have the same problem with existing .org-files.

OK, this has nothing to do with the org files.  I renamed one
customization variable and put in the alias to make sure the old name
would still work.  I did not know that defvaralias was not available in
21.3. Just go into org.el and remove the only line containing
"defvaralias".  I will fix this in the next version.

>> And before you ask, no, I have not found a way to make this ellipsis
>> show up in bold face or in a color.
>
> I didn't even think of requesting that, really!
>
> Hm.
>
> But now as you are mentioning it, if you find a way ... ;-)

:-)  Others have asked.  But I think modifying the string can already
help if you keep overlooking these dots.

- Carsten