* org-goto + Aquamacs
@ 2010-02-05 21:24 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-02-05 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I like using org-goto to jump to headings in an org file.

When I press C-c C-j, Aquamacs displays the contents of
the defconst org-goto-help in a different frame.  Then,
I have to switch back to my main frame.  This is a minor
annoyance.  Is there a way to get Aquamacs not to show this,
or to show it in the same frame?

I tried (setq org-goto-help nil) but the window still pops up and focuses,
but has the word 'nil' instead of the help :-/

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: org-goto + Aquamacs
@ 2010-02-12 17:57 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-12 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nathan,

I hope this is fixed now, please verify.

Thanks to David Reitter for his feedback on this issue.

- Carsten

On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Nathan Neff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like using org-goto to jump to headings in an org file.
>
> When I press C-c C-j, Aquamacs displays the contents of
> the defconst org-goto-help in a different frame.  Then,
> I have to switch back to my main frame.  This is a minor
> annoyance.  Is there a way to get Aquamacs not to show this,
> or to show it in the same frame?
>
> I tried (setq org-goto-help nil) but the window still pops up and
> focuses,
> but has the word 'nil' instead of the help :-/
>
> Thanks,
> --Nate

- Carsten

* Re: org-goto + Aquamacs
@ 2010-02-14  2:20   ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-02-14  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> I hope this is fixed now, please verify.
>
> Thanks to David Reitter for his feedback on this issue.
>
> - Carsten

I downloaded the latest org from the repo, and and make && sudo make
install.

Then, I opened Aquamacs, and ran (setq org-goto-help nil).

Then, I opened an org-mode file, and pressed C-c C-j and it still
pops open a new window with the word 'nil'.

So, I don't think the problem's been fixed on my box.

Since then, I downloaded Carbon Emacs, and it doesn't have this
problem.  I'm fine with using Carbon Emacs.

> On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Nathan Neff wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I like using org-goto to jump to headings in an org file.
>>
>> When I press C-c C-j, Aquamacs displays the contents of
>> the defconst org-goto-help in a different frame.  Then,
>> I have to switch back to my main frame.  This is a minor
>> annoyance.  Is there a way to get Aquamacs not to show this,
>> or to show it in the same frame?
>>
>> I tried (setq org-goto-help nil) but the window still pops up and focuses,
>> but has the word 'nil' instead of the help :-/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Nate
>>

> - Carsten

* Re: org-goto + Aquamacs
@ 2010-02-14 20:55     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-14 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 14, 2010, at 3:20 AM, Nathan Neff wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> I hope this is fixed now, please verify.
>
> Thanks to David Reitter for his feedback on this issue.
>
> - Carsten
>

> I downloaded the latest org from the repo, and and make && sudo make
> install.
>
> Then, I opened Aquamacs, and ran (setq org-goto-help nil).
>
> Then, I opened an org-mode file, and pressed C-c C-j and it still
> pops open a new window with the word 'nil'.
>
> So, I don't think the problem's been fixed on my box.
>
> Since then, I downloaded Carbon Emacs, and it doesn't have this
> problem.  I'm fine with using Carbon Emacs.

OK, thanks.

- Carsten

> On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Nathan Neff wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I like using org-goto to jump to headings in an org file.
>
> When I press C-c C-j, Aquamacs displays the contents of
> the defconst org-goto-help in a different frame.  Then,
> I have to switch back to my main frame.  This is a minor
> annoyance.  Is there a way to get Aquamacs not to show this,
> or to show it in the same frame?
>
> I tried (setq org-goto-help nil) but the window still pops up and
> focuses,
> but has the word 'nil' instead of the help :-/
>
> Thanks,
> --Nate
>
> - Carsten

- Carsten