* org-back-to-heading: before first heading
@ 2007-09-14  2:21 bgm-rao
From: bgm-rao @ 2007-09-14  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
        I am a new user of org-mode I have copied
John's daily planner as is, and has been very useful.
However, I have one problem: when I key a remember
item into the template and C-c C-c, I get the error
"before first heading" and the remember buffer stays.
Could you please help resolve this?

-Madhu

* Re: org-back-to-heading: before first heading
@ 2007-09-14  6:03 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-14  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bgm-rao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Not unless you give us more info, if possible a backtrace.

- Carsten

On Sep 14, 2007, at 4:21, bgm-rao@ieee.org wrote:

> Hello,
>         I am a new user of org-mode I have copied
> John's daily planner as is, and has been very useful.
> However, I have one problem: when I key a remember
> item into the template and C-c C-c, I get the error
> "before first heading" and the remember buffer stays.
> Could you please help resolve this?
>
> -Madhu

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: org-back-to-heading: before first heading
@ 2007-09-14  7:53   ` bgm-rao
From: bgm-rao @ 2007-09-14  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: bgm-rao, emacs-orgmode

     > Not unless you give us more info, if possible a backtrace.
     > - Carsten

Carsten, I don't see a backtrace other than the message.
The item gets filed to the org file all right, but
I see the message " before first heading" in the minibuffer

@ 2007-09-14  8:32     ` bgm-rao
From: bgm-rao @ 2007-09-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, emacs-orgmode

Apologize for the clutter, here's the backtrace.
 org-remember-handler()
  run-hook-with-args-until-success(org-remember-handler)
  (if remember-all-handler-functions (run-hooks (quote remember-handler-functions)) (run-hook-with-args-until-success (quote remember-handler-functions)))
  (save-restriction (narrow-to-region b e) (if remember-all-handler-functions (run-hooks ...) (run-hook-with-args-until-success ...)) (remember-destroy))
  (let ((b ...) (e ...)) (save-restriction (narrow-to-region b e) (if remember-all-handler-functions ... ...) (remember-destroy)))
  remember-region(1 196)
  remember-buffer()
  org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c(nil)
  call-interactively(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c)