* tabs pic mode and org
@ 2009-07-21 13:16 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-07-21 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I try to use ditaa with org (which is a very neat combo BTW)
I keep getting tabs in the picture which gives hell if I move rectangles around.

What is the way of telling org (or it picture mode?) -- No tab-chars please!

* Re: tabs pic mode and org
@ 2009-07-21 13:38 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-07-21 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Rustom Mody

--- Mar 21/7/09, Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> What is the way of telling org (or it picture mode?) -- No
> tab-chars please!

Hi, Rustom,

how about using emacs ? ;-)

M-x untabify

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: tabs pic mode and org
@ 2009-07-21 16:59 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-07-21 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> When I try to use ditaa with org (which is a very neat combo BTW)
> I keep getting tabs in the picture which gives hell if I move rectangles around.
>
> What is the way of telling org (or it picture mode?) -- No tab-chars please!

When I edit ditaa blocks in

#begin_ditaa x.png

#end_ditaa

and then using C-c ' inside the block I never get TABs in the result.
This prefixes all of the lines with ': ' and uses spaces only for the
diagram.

Are you doing something differently?

My ditaa blocks look something like this:

* Test
#+begin_ditaa x.png
:              +--------+
:              |        |               +-----------------+
:              |        |               |                 |
:              |        |               |                 |
:              +--------+               +-----------------+
#+end_ditaa

-Bernt

* Re: tabs pic mode and org
@ 2009-07-22  5:55   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-07-22  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Bernt for C-c ' -- thats what I needed.
BTW Whats the : at BOL for?

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Bernt Hansen<bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
> Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> When I try to use ditaa with org (which is a very neat combo BTW)
>> I keep getting tabs in the picture which gives hell if I move rectangles around.
>>
>> What is the way of telling org (or it picture mode?) -- No tab-chars please!
>
> When I edit ditaa blocks in
>
> #begin_ditaa x.png
>
> #end_ditaa
>
> and then using C-c ' inside the block I never get TABs in the result.
> This prefixes all of the lines with ': ' and uses spaces only for the
> diagram.
>
> Are you doing something differently?
>
> My ditaa blocks look something like this:
>
> * Test
> #+begin_ditaa x.png
> :              +--------+
> :              |        |               +-----------------+
> :              |        |               |                 |
> :              |        |               |                 |
> :              +--------+               +-----------------+
> #+end_ditaa
>
> -Bernt

* Re: tabs pic mode and org
@ 2009-07-22 18:00     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-07-22 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Bernt for C-c ' -- thats what I needed.
> BTW Whats the : at BOL for?

I think it's just used to escape the data for the exporter but that's
just a guess.  Other people probably have a more definitive answer.

-Bernt

PS. If you include me in the To: header of mails directed at me you'll
    get a quicker response (without it I may miss your post completely)
    We normally use Reply-All on this list sending to interested parties
    and cc-ing the org-mode mailing list.

* Re: Re: tabs pic mode and org
@ 2009-08-03  4:33       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-03  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Rustom Mody, emacs-orgmode

On Jul 22, 2009, at 8:00 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks Bernt for C-c ' -- thats what I needed.
>> BTW Whats the : at BOL for?
>
> I think it's just used to escape the data for the exporter but that's
> just a guess.  Other people probably have a more definitive answer.

The leading ": " used to protect the drawing from strange
fontification.  This is no longer strictly necessary.
However, currently this lead string also ensures that "C-c '"
will edit the string in artist-mode, irrespective of the begin/end
wrapper, so that other ditaa-like programs could be used.
We could actually remove this lead string and implement direct
recognition of the ditaa block, but this is not really urgent.
I'll put it on my list.

- Carsten