* Exporting agenda items with data
@ 2009-02-24  5:49 Yuval Hager
From: Yuval Hager @ 2009-02-24  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

I'm looking for a way to print my agenda for the day, but including the items
data, not just the heading.

All the export methods I have tried just export the agenda buffer as it is,
without showing the full data for each item.

This is useful if I need to go out for some meetings, and I have some more
info about the meeting (phone number, address) in the data section.

Thanks,

--yuval

[-- Attachment #1.2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]

* Re: Exporting agenda items with data
@ 2009-02-26 20:31 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-26 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuval Hager; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi Yuval,

On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:49 AM, Yuval Hager wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to print my agenda for the day, but including
> the items
> data, not just the heading.
>
> All the export methods I have tried just export the agenda buffer as
> it is,
> without showing the full data for each item.
>
> This is useful if I need to go out for some meetings, and I have
> some more
> info about the meeting (phone number, address) in the data section.

This is now (latest git version) possible, with an agenda custom
command configured like this, with a export file, and with
binding org-agenda-before-write-hook.

  ("a" "" agenda ""
   ((org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text))
    (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5))
   ("agenda.txt"))

See also the new variable org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines

If you always want to have entry text in exported agenda views,
you can also do in .emacs:

(add-hook 'org-agenda-before-write-hook 'org-agenda-add-entry-text)
(setq org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)

or use org-agenda-export-settings for things like this.

HTH

- Carsten

- Carsten

* Re: Exporting agenda items with data
@ 2009-02-27  6:19   ` Yuval Hager
From: Yuval Hager @ 2009-02-27  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

On Thursday 26 February 2009, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi Yuval,
>
> On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:49 AM, Yuval Hager wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to print my agenda for the day, but including
> > the items
> > data, not just the heading.
> >
> > All the export methods I have tried just export the agenda buffer as
> > it is,
> > without showing the full data for each item.
> >
> > This is useful if I need to go out for some meetings, and I have
> > some more
> > info about the meeting (phone number, address) in the data section.
>
> This is now (latest git version) possible, with an agenda custom
> command configured like this, with a export file, and with
> binding org-agenda-before-write-hook.
>
>   ("a" "" agenda ""
>    ((org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text))
>     (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5))
>    ("agenda.txt"))
>
> See also the new variable org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines
>
> If you always want to have entry text in exported agenda views,
> you can also do in .emacs:
>
> (add-hook 'org-agenda-before-write-hook 'org-agenda-add-entry-text)
> (setq org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)
>

> or use org-agenda-export-settings for things like this.

Wow.. thanks!

With such an attentive and prompt development I now understand how orgmode
became such a success.

@ 2009-02-27 10:20     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-27 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuval Hager; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Actually,

I want to simplify this further.  From now on, the hook will always
contain
that function, and you can control adding entry text entirely by setting
org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines to a number greater that zero.  The
default
for the variable is zero, which means nothing will be added.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-27 18:29       ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2009-02-27 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Yuval Hager, Emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> I want to simplify this further.  From now on, the hook will always
> contain that function, and you can control adding entry text entirely
> by setting org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines to a number greater that
> zero.  The default for the variable is zero, which means nothing will
> be added.

That's a great feature, and I like the simpler configuration.  I've
often wanted this for things like grocery lists and library lists.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |