* Indirect Buffers - how do you get back to the full tree?
@ 2007-02-15 13:19 Tim O'Callaghan
From: Tim O'Callaghan @ 2007-02-15 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've recently started using Indirect buffers for focusing on one tree.
Is there a way to get back to the original full buffer without killing
the buffer/file and re-loading it?

Tim.

* Re: Indirect Buffers - how do you get back to the full tree?
@ 2007-02-18 21:09 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-02-18 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim O'Callaghan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 15, 2007, at 14:19, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently started using Indirect buffers for focusing on one tree.
> Is there a way to get back to the original full buffer without killing
> the buffer/file and re-loading it?
>
> Tim.

If you are using the indirect buffer, the old, full buffer is still
there, just switch to it.

The indirect buffer also contains everything, it is only narrowed and
you can get the full contents there as well with `C-c n w'.

If you only want to temprarily narrow the file to a certain tree, you
can use (instead of an indirect buffer) `C-x n s'.

- Carsten

(who wishes that at least these more general emacs questions would more
often be answered by other people on this list)