* S-up not raising priority
@ 2007-05-08 16:59 Scott Jaderholm
From: Scott Jaderholm @ 2007-05-08 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think this is a bug.

S-up in M-x org-todo-list selects a region for me instead of raising
priority.
S-down does decrease priority however.

Thanks,
Scott

* Re: S-up not raising priority
@ 2007-05-08 17:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-05-08 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Jaderholm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sounds like a problem with CUA-mode.  Are you using that?

- Carsten

On May 8, 2007, at 18:59, Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> I think this is a bug.
>
> S-up in M-x org-todo-list selects a region for me instead of raising
> priority.
> S-down does decrease priority however.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: S-up not raising priority
@ 2007-05-08 18:39   ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2007-05-08 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On a related note, should C-a, C-e M-left move the cursor around in
agenda buffers?

Edd

On 5/8/07, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Sounds like a problem with CUA-mode.  Are you using that?
>
> - Carsten
>
> On May 8, 2007, at 18:59, Scott Jaderholm wrote:
>
> > I think this is a bug.
> >
> > S-up in M-x org-todo-list selects a region for me instead of raising
> > priority.
> > S-down does decrease priority however.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott

> Carsten Dominik
> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
> Universiteit van Amsterdam
> Kruislaan 403
> NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
> phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: S-up not raising priority
@ 2007-05-08 18:45   ` Scott Jaderholm
From: Scott Jaderholm @ 2007-05-08 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Carsten,

I had pc-selection-mode enabled.

I disabled it and S-up still doesn't raise priority. From looking at the
code it looks like S-right is set to do that.

(org-defkey org-agenda-mode-map [(shift right)] 'org-agenda-priority-up)

Perhaps that's a typo or the manual is outdated.

Thanks,
Scott

On 5/8/07, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> Sounds like a problem with CUA-mode.  Are you using that?
>
> - Carsten
>
> On May 8, 2007, at 18:59, Scott Jaderholm wrote:
>
> > I think this is a bug.
> >
> > S-up in M-x org-todo-list selects a region for me instead of raising
> > priority.
> > S-down does decrease priority however.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott

> Carsten Dominik
> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
> Universiteit van Amsterdam
> Kruislaan 403
> NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
> phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: S-up not raising priority
@ 2007-05-09  7:16     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-05-09  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Jaderholm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 8, 2007, at 20:45, Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> Thanks Carsten,
>
> I had pc-selection-mode enabled.
>
> I disabled it and S-up still doesn't raise priority. From looking at
> the code it looks like S-right is set to do that.
>
> (org-defkey org-agenda-mode-map [(shift right)]
> 'org-agenda-priority-up)

My org.el file does not contain the line you are quoting.  I have

(org-defkey org-agenda-mode-map [(shift up)] 'org-agenda-priority-up)
(org-defkey org-agenda-mode-map [(shift down)]
'org-agenda-priority-down)

I don't remember changing this recently, so I don't know what
is going on.  That said, I remember seeing this bug at some point,
so maybe I have changed things and just forgotten.

Anyway, seems to be resolved now - please get back to me if you still
find this bug in 4.74.

- Carsten