* Working on iPad Pro
@ 2016-01-31 17:27 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-01-31 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been using org-mode for a few years, mainly for writing blog posts
and documents, and, to a lesser extent, for keeping track of TODO items,
etc. I barely scratch the surface of what org-mode can do, and I keep
learning new bits incrementally, largely by reading this list.

I'm now almost ready to shelve my laptop and start using an iPad Pro
with the Apple "smart" keyboard. However, I haven't found a good way to
do my org-mode authoring.  I know there's org-mobile, but I don't want
to have to think about sync'ing, or try to remember where the latest
versions of my docs are as I move from one computer to another.

I've thought about using the iPad to ssh to a desktop computer, and just
running emacs on that. That might be the best solution, but the Apple
"smart" keyboard doesn't seem to have any meta key. Has anyone figured
out how to get the option key to work that way in vSSH? Or is there a
better ssh app?

Is there some other option I'm overlooking? I know there are some
"almost emacs" apps, but ... they're "almost."

BTW, I also use emacs for gnus, and for web and software development,
but org-mode is what I really need on the iPad.

Thanks!
-pd

--
----