* [Orgmode] tables with many rows not all visible when exporting to PDF
@ 2018-02-09 18:36 Jon David
From: Jon David @ 2018-02-09 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Org-mode community,

This is my first post to the mailing list. I'll jump right into the problem.

I have an org-table consisting of a few hundred lines. I can view and
modify the entire table in emacs no problem. However, when I export to
LaTeX then to PDF I noticed not all rows are visible in the document.
The first 48 rows are visible in a single page, and I expected the
remaining rows to be displayed in the following pages; however, they are
not.

I noticed the exported .tex file does contain all rows. This means the
problem occurs when exporting from LaTeX to PDF. But I just want to
export directly from org-file to PDF. What am I missing? Why aren't the
remaining rows displayed in the following pages in the exported PDF?

Thank you for your time,

--JD

* Re: [Orgmode] tables with many rows not all visible when exporting to PDF
       [not found] <679ffab9-dfae-b146-3f1e-7b13221dbd5f@cs.unm.edu>
@ 2018-02-09 18:58 ` Jon David
From: Jon David @ 2018-02-09 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found the solution. This page shows shows a list of attributes that
are available:
https://orgmode.org/manual/Tables-in-LaTeX-export.html#Tables-in-LaTeX-export

To fix my problem, I did the following:
(1) add this to the top of the org file:
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{longtable}

(2) Before the table definition, add the following:
#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment longtable

This fixes the issue. Any table with many rows will now continue to the

* Re: [Orgmode] tables with many rows not all visible when exporting to PDF
@ 2018-02-09 19:20 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2018-02-09 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jon David <jdavid@cs.unm.edu> writes:

> Hello Org-mode community,
>
> This is my first post to the mailing list. I'll jump right into the problem.
>
> I have an org-table consisting of a few hundred lines. I can view and
> modify the entire table in emacs no problem. However, when I export to
> LaTeX then to PDF I noticed not all rows are visible in the
> document. The first 48 rows are visible in a single page, and I
> expected the remaining rows to be displayed in the following pages;
> however, they are not.
>
> I noticed the exported .tex file does contain all rows. This means the
> problem occurs when exporting from LaTeX to PDF. But I just want to
> export directly from org-file to PDF. What am I missing? Why aren't
> the remaining rows displayed in the following pages in the exported
> PDF?
>
> Thank you for your time,

LaTeX may be truncating the table because it does not fit on a single
page. You might have better luck by using a longtable:

#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment longtable

Untested.

--
Nick