* Re: searching for csv utilities
@ 2015-06-02 11:44 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-06-02 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

| Date             |               Sys | Dia | Pul | Sugar |
|------------------+-------------------+-----+-----+-------|
| [2014-04-27 Sun] |               125 |  88 |  78 |    92 |
| [2014-04-28 Mon] |               102 |  88 |  86 |    92 |
| Averages:        | =$2=vmean(@<..@>) |     |     |       |
#+TBLFM: $2=$2=vmean(@<..@>)

This is a cut down version of my full record set.  Sometimes when I key
formulas in I get ?ERROR back for a result after keying in c-c+c-c once
I've completed the formula and hit tab.  If I do c-u+c-c+c-c that
sometimes generated ?ERROR.  Other times I key in a formula and the cursor
gets locked and I have to hit c-g to exit #+TBLFM: mode; I don't know
what's actually happening when that situation arises since other than
suddenly finding the cursor locked I can neither tell what state I'm in or
if a few more keystrokes are needed or if I've generated an error
situation.

* Re: searching for csv utilities
@ 2015-06-19  0:58 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-06-19  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I spent time looking for vmode in info org using a regular expression
search and couldn't find it either.  That capability is probably in R
though it may be under another name.  I have emacs-ess package and R
installed on this system though haven't used them yet.  I also found sbcl
so if it gets too difficult to get stuff done with R I'll have an option
open to start studying common lisp and write a mode function I can use
with common lisp in conjunction with orgmode.

Interestingly, I did find pop_stdev() in postgresql but it turned out to
be one of those situations like you were better off never having found
that function since I managed to break a query that was working up until I
added that extra code into it.  I was using aliases and pop_stdev() needs
explicit casting to work at all for some reason.  That's what happens on
learning curves every so often.