* [BUG] Radio Targets and double quotes
@ 2015-05-28 17:52 thomas
From: thomas @ 2015-05-28 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi All,

a radio target reference followed by another radio target in double
quotes breaks html-export.
The following minimal throws an error:

===============================

Keyword1 "keyword2"

<<<Keyword1>>>

<<<keyword2>>>

===============================

Error Message:

org-export-activate-smart-quotes: Wrong number of arguments: #[(q
type) "Æ\bÇ\"ƒ\v

(after that comes a number of weird symbols that I cannot even copy into
the email...)

Removing the quotes around "keyword2" fixes the problem:

===============================

Keyword1 keyword2

<<<Keyword1>>>

<<<keyword2>>>

===============================

What also works is to add another word between Keyword1 and "keyword2":

===============================

Keyword1 and "keyword2"

<<<Keyword1>>>

<<<keyword2>>>

===============================

Thanks,
thomas

* Re: [BUG] Radio Targets and double quotes
@ 2015-05-28 23:08 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-28 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas; +Cc: Org Mode

Hello

thomas <thomas@friendlyvillagers.com> writes:

> a radio target reference followed by another radio target in double
> quotes breaks html-export.
> The following minimal throws an error:
>
> ===============================
>
> Keyword1 "keyword2"
>
> <<<Keyword1>>>
>
> <<<keyword2>>>
>
> ===============================
>
> Error Message:
>
> org-export-activate-smart-quotes: Wrong number of arguments: #[(q
> type) "Æ\bÇ\"ƒ\v

I cannot reproduce it. What Org version are you using?

> (after that comes a number of weird symbols that I cannot even copy
> into the email...)

You should use Org uncompiled (C-u org-reload) to get a better backtrace.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] Radio Targets and double quotes
@ 2015-05-29  6:22   ` thomas
From: thomas @ 2015-05-29  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, Org Mode

Hi Nicolas,

I have Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-40-gc763fa-elpa @
/home/thomas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150504/)

org-export-with-smart-quotes is set to t.

The error goes away when org-export-with-smart-quotes is not true.

M-x org-reload (sorry, I do not know how C-u org-reload could work)
reveals:

[type q key info org-export-smart-quotes-alist encoding eql apostrophe
open "'" ...] 6], 1

Thank you.

Thomas

@ 2015-05-29  7:31     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-29  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas; +Cc: Org Mode

Hello,

thomas <thomas@friendlyvillagers.com> writes:

> I have Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-40-gc763fa-elpa @
> /home/thomas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150504/)

You may want to switch to development version. It should be fixed there.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] Radio Targets and double quotes
@ 2015-05-29 16:06       ` thomas
From: thomas @ 2015-05-29 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode

Nicolas,