* How to tell Org mode radio table translator not to wrap, Greeks in dollars ($$)
@ 2015-04-04  2:52 Omid
From: Omid @ 2015-04-04  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm trying to use an Org mode Radio Table in LaTeX according to:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Radio-tables.html
http://orgmode.org/manual/A-LaTeX-example.html#A-LaTeX-example

My Org mode table is representing a matrix containing Greek letters
denoted by LaTeX commands (e.g., \mu). The "radioing" process wraps
these commands in dollars (\mu changes to $\mu$). I'm using `:splice
t' to return only table body lines (without wrapping them in a tabular
environment) to insert the table in my equation and matrix
environments. I tried `:fmt "%s"' hoping that the table fields would
be left untouched, but, no the translator still wraps my \mu's in $$.

Here is an example:

\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND Ah-advection orgtbl-to-latex :splice t :skip 0 :fmt "%s"
| 1-\mu |        |        |       |       |
| \mu   | 1-\mu  |        |       |       |
|       | \ddots | \ddots |       |       |
|       |        | \mu    | 1-\mu |       |
|       |        |        | \mu   | 1-\mu |
\end{comment}

with the translated result

\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:Ah-advection}
  A_{h}=
  \begin{bmatrix}
    % BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL Ah-advection
 & \ddots & \ddots &  &  \\
    % END RECEIVE ORGTBL Ah-advection
  \end{bmatrix}
\end{equation}

How can I tell the table translator not to wrap Greeks in $$?

Omid