* Bug in orgtbl export to LaTeX
@ 2012-04-21 22:31 AW
From: AW @ 2012-04-21 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I guess I found a bug in the export function of orgtbl to LaTeX: The
percentage sign ("%") is not masked, it simply is transfered to LaTeX and thus
destroys the table. Example below, beware, you will get an error, because of
the said bug.

For readers who are not familiar with LaTeX: "%" is the comment sign, after
"%" LaTeX does not compile anything in this line. Here in the example the end
of the current row is marked with "\\", but due to the "%" LaTeX can not find
any eol.

Can the export function be amended? Any "%" inside the table (!) needs to be
exported as "\%".

\documentclass[pagesize, fontsize=12pt, english]{scrartcl}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

\usepackage{babel, comment}

\begin{document}

\begin{tabular}{lr}
% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL percent
\begin{tabular}{lr}
Name & Percent \\
Peter & 75% \\
Paul & 25% \\
Sum & 1. \\
\end{tabular}
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL percent
\end{tabular}

\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND percent orgtbl-to-latex :splice nil :skip 0
| Name  | Percent |
| Peter |     75% |
| Paul  |     25% |
| Sum   |      1. |
#+TBLFM: @4$2=@-2+@-1
% $
\end{comment}

\end{document}

Org-version: 7.8.09

Regards,

Alexander

* Re: Bug in orgtbl export to LaTeX
@ 2012-04-22  6:42 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-22  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AW; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:

> I guess I found a bug in the export function of orgtbl to LaTeX: The
> percentage sign ("%") is not masked, it simply is transfered to LaTeX and thus
> destroys the table. Example below, beware, you will get an error, because of
> the said bug.

Should be fixed now.

 Bastien