* cannot get an agenda showing logged todos, scheduled todos and clockcheck items at the same time
@ 2014-11-17  8:18 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-11-17  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I cannot get an agenda showing logged todos, all scheduled items and clockcheck view for gaps or overlappings clocking.
I start with log mode "on" and my agenda shows all scheduled todos.
As soon as I hit "v c" to see the clockchecks result the scheduled todos disappear.

Is there any way for an agenda to always see all logged todos, all scheduled todos and always get the clockcheck view in order to see gaps or overlaps?

My agenda is configured like:

..
	  (agenda "todays agenda"
		  (
		   (org-agenda-span 'day)
		   (org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
		   (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
		   (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))

I never could get a configuration which also shows the clockcheck items.
I therefore start as configured and as as said soon as I press "v c" my scheduled items disappear.

Any idea?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: cannot get an agenda showing logged todos, scheduled todos and clockcheck items at the same time
@ 2014-11-17  9:03 ` Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-11-17  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> 	  (agenda "todays agenda"
> 		  (
> 		   (org-agenda-span 'day)
> 		   (org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
> 		   (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
> 		   (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))

I am not using this, so I won't be able to test it but... I did google clockcheck and check some of your variables.

If I execute M-x apropos RET org agenda log mode RET, it appears this is a command not a variable, at least in my org-mode version 8.2.10.

A few lines down (in the apropos findings) I see `org-agenda-log-mode-items', which I think it should be a list, so for example

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock state))
#+END_SRC

Consider your thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/74599 from July. There, Sebastien Vauban suggested the variable assignment

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
#+END_SRC

Perhaps this is what you meant above. Or Mike McLean suggests,

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
#+END_SRC

Then, at the end of the thread, Carsten Dominick advises against using these, and suggest instead to use these in the global section of your custom command.

#+BEGIN_SRC
(org-agenda-start-with-log-mode 'clockcheck)
(org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
#+END_SRC

In summary, maybe you should have this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("Z" "todays agenda"
         ((agenda ""))
         ((org-agenda-span 'day)
          (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode 'clockcheck)
          (org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
          (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock state))
          (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))))
#+END_SRC

Further, I shifted some of the terms around. Note the `agenda' block usually takes the empty string, but it seems you gave it the name of the command.

HTH

--
Brady

@ 2014-11-18 21:44   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-11-18 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brady Trainor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 17.11.2014 10:03, schrieb Brady Trainor:
> Hello,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> 	  (agenda "todays agenda"
>> 		  (
>> 		   (org-agenda-span 'day)
>> 		   (org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
>> 		   (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
>> 		   (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))
> I am not using this, so I won't be able to test it but... I did google clockcheck and check some of your variables.
>
> If I execute M-x apropos RET org agenda log mode RET, it appears this is a command not a variable, at least in my org-mode version 8.2.10.
>
> A few lines down (in the apropos findings) I see `org-agenda-log-mode-items', which I think it should be a list, so for example
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock state))
> #+END_SRC
>
> Consider your thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/74599 from July. There, Sebastien Vauban suggested the variable assignment
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
> #+END_SRC
>
> Perhaps this is what you meant above. Or Mike McLean suggests,
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
> #+END_SRC
>
> Then, at the end of the thread, Carsten Dominick advises against using these, and suggest instead to use these in the global section of your custom command.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC
> (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode 'clockcheck)
> (org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
> #+END_SRC
>
> In summary, maybe you should have this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>       '(("Z" "todays agenda"
>          ((agenda ""))
>          ((org-agenda-span 'day)
>           (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode 'clockcheck)
>           (org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
>           (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock state))
>           (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))))
> #+END_SRC
>
> Further, I shifted some of the terms around. Note the `agenda' block usually takes the empty string, but it seems you gave it the name of the command.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Brady
>
>> Thank you.
>> Regards, Rainer
Thanks Brady,

I tried what you suggested but same result: it only shows clockcheck entries without the scheduled todos.
I cannot get both to display at the same time.

Anybody have an idea?
Thank you,
Rainer