* Export dispatcher interface change
@ 2014-10-03  9:53 Jacek Generowicz
From: Jacek Generowicz @ 2014-10-03  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello,

I am used to the export dispatcher offering sections for export to HTML
[h] and LaTeX [l].

After having upgraded a number of things on my system (including a small
bump of Emacs, but NOT (to my knowledge) org mode), the dispatcher no
longer offers the [h] and [l] options ... until I invoke one of the
commands via M-x. In other words,

    M-x org-html-export-to-html

causes the [h] section to be available in the dispatcher thereafter.

Any ideas what might have caused this change, or what I might do to have
the [h] and [l] dispatcher options be available automatically?

My versions:

  (emacs-version)
  "GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
   of 2014-09-08 on binet, modified by Debian"

  (org-version)
  "8.2"

Thanks.

* Re: Export dispatcher interface change
@ 2014-10-03 10:52 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-10-03 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacek Generowicz; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello,

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz@cern.ch> writes:

> I am used to the export dispatcher offering sections for export to HTML
> [h] and LaTeX [l].
>
> After having upgraded a number of things on my system (including a small
> bump of Emacs, but NOT (to my knowledge) org mode), the dispatcher no
> longer offers the [h] and [l] options ... until I invoke one of the
> commands via M-x. In other words,
>
>     M-x org-html-export-to-html
>
> causes the [h] section to be available in the dispatcher thereafter.
>
> Any ideas what might have caused this change, or what I might do to have
> the [h] and [l] dispatcher options be available automatically?

Only loaded export back-ends appear in the dispatcher. See

  (info "(org) Export back-ends")

You can either customize  `org-export-backends' or simply (require
'ox-html) in your config.

However, both latex and html back-ends are expected to be loaded by
default. Thus, there may be something going on with your installation or
configuration.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export dispatcher interface change
@ 2014-10-03 11:21   ` Jacek Generowicz
From: Jacek Generowicz @ 2014-10-03 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org-mode

> Only loaded export back-ends appear in the dispatcher. See
>
>   (info "(org) Export back-ends")
>
> You can either customize  `org-export-backends' or simply (require
> 'ox-html) in your config.
>
> However, both latex and html back-ends are expected to be loaded by
> default. Thus, there may be something going on with your installation or
> configuration.

Yes, it looks like something fishy is going on: At startup the value of
`org-export-backends' is

   (ascii html icalendar latex)

but the dispatcher doesn't show them. (require 'ox-html) is enough to
make [h] appear in the dispatcher. (Which is good enough for me for now,
given the time I have available to fix it.)

Thanks for your suggestion.

* Re: Export dispatcher interface change
@ 2014-10-03 12:10 ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-10-03 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In case it helps to track the bug, I reported this to the list a week or
two ago. See my message of 9/24 and the subsequent messages of how M-x
org-export-html, etc added to the export dsipatcher

Charlie Millar

Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am used to the export dispatcher offering sections for export to HTML
> [h] and LaTeX [l].
>
> After having upgraded a number of things on my system (including a small
> bump of Emacs, but NOT (to my knowledge) org mode), the dispatcher no
> longer offers the [h] and [l] options ... until I invoke one of the
> commands via M-x. In other words,
>
>      M-x org-html-export-to-html
>
> causes the [h] section to be available in the dispatcher thereafter.
>
> Any ideas what might have caused this change, or what I might do to have
> the [h] and [l] dispatcher options be available automatically?
>
> My versions:
>
>    (emacs-version)
>    "GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
>     of 2014-09-08 on binet, modified by Debian"
>
>    (org-version)
>    "8.2"
>
> Thanks.

---

* Re: Export dispatcher interface change
@ 2014-10-03 12:55   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-10-03 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Millar wrote:
> In case it helps to track the bug, I reported this to the list a week
> or two ago. See my message of 9/24 and the subsequent messages of how
> M-x org-export-html, etc added to the export dsipatcher
>
> Charlie Millar

My apologies to Brady Trainor and Charles Berry - I neglected to mention
that they attempted to assist me.

Charlie Millar

---