* Prevent footnotes from becoming superscript(in HTML)
@ 2008-12-08 18:53 Saptarshi Guha
From: Saptarshi Guha @ 2008-12-08 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello
I am using footnotes extensively, e.g Boo[1] but I would like org-mode
to not export them as superscripts i.e I would like the exported HTML
to look like Boo[1] and not Boo ^{[1]}.
Is there a way to do this?

Thank you
Saptarshi

--
Saptarshi Guha - saptarshi.guha@gmail.com

* Re: Prevent footnotes from becoming superscript(in HTML)
@ 2008-12-08 20:13 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2008-12-08 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: saptarshi.guha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Saptarshi Guha" <saptarshi.guha@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
> I am using footnotes extensively, e.g Boo[1] but I would like org-mode
> to not export them as superscripts i.e I would like the exported HTML
> to look like Boo[1] and not Boo ^{[1]}.
> Is there a way to do this?

One way to get rid of the superscript would be to add a style
declaration to your export.

#+STYLE: <style type="text/css"> sup { vertical-align: baseline } </style>

If you want brackets, you can add the following line to the top of
your org file:

#+STYLE: <style type="text/css"> sup { vertical-align: baseline; } \
         sup:before { content: " ["; } sup:after {content: "]" } </style>

Not surprisingly, this doesn't work for IE.

Otherwise, I believe you'd have to hack the relevant functions in
org-exp.el to get rid of the the <sup> tags. (Someone else please
correct me if I'm wrong.)

Regards,

Matt

@ 2008-12-09  6:38   ` Saptarshi Guha
From: Saptarshi Guha @ 2008-12-09  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, i think your first suggestion works for me.
Regards
Saptarshi

On Dec 8, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

> "Saptarshi Guha" <saptarshi.guha@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello
>> I am using footnotes extensively, e.g Boo[1] but I would like org-
>> mode
>> to not export them as superscripts i.e I would like the exported HTML
>> to look like Boo[1] and not Boo ^{[1]}.
>> Is there a way to do this?
>
> One way to get rid of the superscript would be to add a style
> declaration to your export.
>
> #+STYLE: <style type="text/css"> sup { vertical-align: baseline } </
> style>
>
> If you want brackets, you can add the following line to the top of
> your org file:
>
> #+STYLE: <style type="text/css"> sup { vertical-align: baseline; } \
>         sup:before { content: " ["; } sup:after {content: "]" } </
> style>
>
> Not surprisingly, this doesn't work for IE.
>
> Otherwise, I believe you'd have to hack the relevant functions in
> org-exp.el to get rid of the the <sup> tags. (Someone else please
> correct me if I'm wrong.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt
>

>> Thank you