* CUA copy/paste within code block
@ 2014-04-18  9:32 Xavier Garrido
From: Xavier Garrido @ 2014-04-18  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear orgers,

I am a CUA mode user and when I want to copy/paste a line or block of
code within a org-babel code block, I always get back to the beginning
of the code block after pasting. For example, assume you have the
following piece of code

echo "coucou"

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
for i in {0..10}
do
   echo $i
done
#+END_SRC

and you want to insert the 'echo "coucou"' line inside the for loop
within the code block, by using the CTRL-C/CTRL-V combination keys, the
cursor gets back to the beginning of the code block and does not stay
where the paste is done. Here it is not a real problem since the code
block is pretty small but when I have a long code block, the cursor is
pretty far from where I have done the paste. Btw, selecting with the
mouse and pasting with the middle click works just fine i.e. the cursor
remains at the same position.

I do not know if it is a bug or a feature but is it possible to get rid
of such behavior.

Thanks for your help/advice,
Xavier

* Re: CUA copy/paste within code block
@ 2014-04-18 11:01 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-18 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello Xavier,

I can't reproduce this with latest Org and Emacs.

What version of Emacs/Org are you using?

Thanks for letting us know,

--
 Bastien

* Re: CUA copy/paste within code block
@ 2014-04-18 12:16   ` Xavier Garrido
From: Xavier Garrido @ 2014-04-18 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Bastien,

Le 18/04/2014 13:01, Bastien a écrit :
> Hello Xavier,
>
> I can't reproduce this with latest Org and Emacs.
>
> What version of Emacs/Org are you using?

I use the latest git version but you are right I can't also reproduce
the problem when I am running emacs with minimal setup namely emacs -Q.
So I will have a look inside my config what's going wrong and in case of
emacs mode incompatibilities, I will report again.

Sorry for the annoyance,

Xavier