* no visual-line-mode for tables
@ 2012-08-23 13:14 Frieder Wittmann
From: Frieder Wittmann @ 2012-08-23 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm new here. First of all, I'd like to thank the whole team here for the terrific work!
I've been long looking for a tool like this for a long time. I was so desperate that I entertained the idea of writing my own lightweight markup language. But never would I have achieved anything close to what you guys have created!
Until a month ago, I didn't use emacs for more than quick tasks, like commit messages in the command line. Now I spend more time in emacs than any other program. Org-mode is an absolute KILLER APP! And yes, Im spreading the word. Several of my colleagues and friends have started using org-mode now and Carsten Dominik's book proofs to be a nice and nerdy present.

Here is a question I have:
	I like to use visual-line-mode when writing text in emacs. However for long org-mode tables, the automatic line wrap becomes very ugly, to the point where the table is almost unreadable.
Is there a way to have visual-line-mode on, but deactivated for tables, so that you would have to scroll to the side to read the full table?

best
Frieder