* Filter in Captured Column View
@ 2014-03-18 11:38 Mats Kindahl
From: Mats Kindahl @ 2014-03-18 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I am using the capture column view to capture the contents of a subtree
at the beginning of the subtree. However, there are a lot of sections
that do not contain anything interesting for the capture in question, so
I would like to filter out anything except trees with certain tags.

So, for the example below, it shows some headers at the beginning that I
would like to avoid showing. Only in information on the individual
releases should be shown as groups.

Best wishes,
Mats Kindahl

    * Report
      :PROPERTIES:
      :COLUMNS:  %ITEM %Status
      :END:

    #+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 3 :id local
    | ITEM                     | Status    |
    |--------------------------+-----------|
    | * Report                 |           |
    |--------------------------+-----------|
    | ** Uninteresting summary |           |
    |--------------------------+-----------|
    | ** Details               |           |
    |--------------------------+-----------|
    | *** Release 1            |           |
    | **** Feature #1          | Design    |
    |--------------------------+-----------|
    | *** Release 2            |           |
    | **** Feature #2          | Confused  |
    | **** Feature #3          | Completed |
    | **** Feature #4          | Coding    |
    |--------------------------+-----------|
    | *** Release 3            |           |
    | **** Feature #5          | Baffled   |
    #+END:

    ** Uninteresting summary
    ** Details
    *** Release 1

    **** Feature #1
        :PROPERTIES:
        :END:

    *** Release 2

    **** Feature #2
        :PROPERTIES:
        :END:

    **** Feature #3
        :PROPERTIES:
        :END:

    **** Feature #4
        :PROPERTIES:
        :END:

    *** Release 3

    **** Feature #5
        :PROPERTIES:
        :END:

--
Senior Principal Software Developer
Oracle, MySQL Department

* Re: Filter in Captured Column View
@ 2014-03-18 14:08 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2014-03-18 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mats Kindahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mats,

You can add

     :skip-empty-rows t

to the columnview header, so that rows with no Status property will
not show.

This, however, will also hide the "Release" headers. Workaround is to
add a dummy 'Status' property to these.

Doc here: http://orgmode.org/manual/Capturing-column-view.html

.j.

@ 2014-03-18 14:19   ` Mats Kindahl
From: Mats Kindahl @ 2014-03-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Pechiar, emacs-orgmode

Thanks Juan,

It seems to work, so I'll use that for now, but having some sort of
filtering supported would be a great feature.

I'll play around a little and see if that can be added.

Best wishes,
Mats Kindahl