* date added into logbook?
@ 2012-05-28 19:01 Michael Gilbert
From: Michael Gilbert @ 2012-05-28 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all —

I've been slowly studying LISP to the point where I can at least READ some of the code written by the amazing people in the Org-Mode community, but I'm not yet at the point where I am willing to try to write to much myself, especially given my need to learn much more about the variables and functions in org-mode. (Well, I have been willing, but since it takes me five hours still to do something I can do in a few minutes in Python, I'm obviously just not there yet.) So, I am turning to you for this one.

I have a desire to better track the history of notes and tasks, as they get created, refiled, etc. This involves several elements, but one of them involves a piece that I've wanted for a while: a way to keep the data that is lost when I refile an item from my default date-tree file — the date the item was created/added.

Perhaps there is some obvious (but mysterious to me) variable I can set for this, but I haven't found it. What I want is to be able to have a string similar to the others added to the logbook (like " - Refiled on [2012-05-28 Mon 11:33]"), but for the date/time the item first appeared.

Is anyone else already doing this?

— Michael

http://nonprofitnews.org
http://gilbert.org